News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Post Length Maximum

Started by corco, November 25, 2013, 11:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corco

The post length maximum is currently 20,000 characters. Is there a way to up that to a nice number like, say, 200,000?

rickmastfan67

Going up that high could hurt the database here.  I think we could up it to 25,000 safely, but 200,000 is out of the question.

hotdogPi

I have never noticed the upper limit.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Zeffy

Quote from: corco on November 25, 2013, 11:27:34 PM
The post length maximum is currently 20,000 characters. Is there a way to up that to a nice number like, say, 200,000?

Now what could anyone possibly post that is worth reading 200,000 characters of text? I'll tell you one thing: I have ADHD, so I generally skim posts - if there ever was an increase to anything above 50k, I would expect a TL;DR at the bottom otherwise I would skip the post entirely.

I've never personally really come close to that limit, but I would say that the most it should increase by is 15k.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

sammi

reddit's maximum character limit is 3,000, and yet you see literal walls of text on there. I think 20,000 is more than enough.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.