News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Do we have an active person on this forum from every state?

Started by hotdogPi, November 28, 2013, 07:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

empirestate

I am trying hard not to feel slighted by not being the official New York representative.  ;-)

xonhulu

Quote from: empirestate on November 30, 2013, 01:03:51 AM
I am trying hard not to feel slighted by not being the official New York representative.  ;-)

Just as I am honored to somehow be the official Oregon representative.  Hardly deserved.

vdeane

Quote from: empirestate on November 30, 2013, 01:03:51 AM
Well, I'm going to be applying for a job in Lebanon, NH, so I might not be representing NY much longer.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Takumi

Quote from: froggie on November 29, 2013, 09:43:07 PM
Of course, if we're going off of where forum members are currently, I'd be marked down under Virginia and shadyjay would get the nod for Vermont.
Indeed, I would have chosen you or Mapmikey for Virginia.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

hbelkins

Quote from: vdeane on November 30, 2013, 05:18:39 PM
Well, I'm going to be applying for a job in Lebanon, NH, so I might not be representing NY much longer.

TomTom?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Quote from: Takumi on November 30, 2013, 06:03:30 PM
Quote from: froggie on November 29, 2013, 09:43:07 PM
Of course, if we're going off of where forum members are currently, I'd be marked down under Virginia and shadyjay would get the nod for Vermont.
Indeed, I would have chosen you or Mapmikey for Virginia.
Doesn't matter. We're just looking for one from each state. Not "representing", but "from." Oscar or I could represent Hawaii, but neither of us are from there.

JMoses24

From Ohio, but live in Kentucky. Since we already have people from those, we're good here.

Laura

What states are left?

Alaska
Arizona
Hawaii (I'd count Oscar)
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
New Mexico
North Dakota
Rhode Island

This thread really makes me want to revive talk of a member map:  https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=10721.0

vtk

If we don't have Michigan yet, JC In Summerfield comes to my mind.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

US71

I dabble in Missouri, mostly in the KC-Springfield-Branson region.

Rich Piehl is a good St Louis source.  GR Van and Power of 7 would be good for Missouri if we could recruit them.

Anyone want to go on a recruitment drive?

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

oscar

Quote from: Laura Bianca on December 01, 2013, 08:13:12 AM
What states are left?

Alaska
Arizona
Hawaii (I'd count Oscar)

While I'm a frequent visitor to Hawaii, and Alaska too (six visits to Hawaii beginning in 1999, five to Alaska beginning in 1994), that's not the same as being there more or less full-time. 
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

corco

I think Sonic99 is from Arizona. I've driven the entire state highway system and lived there for two years, but I'm probably not "from" there.  Same applies with Wyoming, which we're also missing.

If we're not so stringent on our definition of active, you could switch Billy F 1988 to Wyoming, me to Montana, and SpudMuffin to Idaho. I think there's one other Boise area infrequent poster- not sure who though.

rawmustard

Quote from: vtk on December 01, 2013, 09:19:39 AM
If we don't have Michigan yet, JC In Summerfield comes to my mind.

Michigan's been well-represented since the forum was founded. Even if there isn't anyone here who lives in a specific region, the knowledge base is certainly high enough that we have them all covered.

Alps

What states are left?

Alaska
Arizona
Hawaii (I'd count Oscar)
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
New Mexico
North Dakota
Rhode Island

This thread really makes me want to revive talk of a member map:  https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=10721.0
Rhode Island - Shawn DeCesari (no longer there, but lived there long enough)

Takumi

I also thought of Shawn for Rhode Island, but he was also only active here for a few weeks about a year ago.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

Quote from: Takumi on December 02, 2013, 09:58:58 AM
I also thought of Shawn for Rhode Island, but he was also only active here for a few weeks about a year ago.
He'll probably be back. "Active" requires a definition, and the stricter you make the definition, the more holes you leave.

The High Plains Traveler

I'm not representing myself as the "official" anything, and there are certainly others who provide worthy information for Colorado. I do monitor New Mexico and post information about there when appropriate.
"Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-bound misfit, I."

ATLRedSoxFan

I used to be in Georgia, but now reside in Massachusetts.

bugo

What states are left?

Missouri

I used to live in Knob Noster and Kansas City, so I know that area of the Show Me State pretty well.

cpzilliacus

What states are left?

Not a state, but how about the District of Columbia?

I know one member that resides in D.C.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

hm insulators

I live in Arizona, although I'm originally from California and I lived for seven years in Hawaii from 1979 to 1986.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

vtk

Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

ronaldlee11

I'm from Kentucky but my favorite roadgeek states are southern ohio us 52 and I 77 from Charleston W VA to Mt Airy NC

SD Mapman

Quote from: corco on December 01, 2013, 06:20:30 PM
Same applies with Wyoming, which we're also missing.
I can go for a run into Wyoming... does that count?
Also add TCN7JM to South Dakota.
The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

Takumi

Android is from Wyoming. What's left? Alaska, Hawaii, and two or three more, right?

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.