News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Trouble accessing forum

Started by myosh_tino, November 18, 2009, 07:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agentsteel53

Quote from: Michael on November 25, 2009, 10:59:06 AM
It's great to be back!  Like some others, I was worried the forum would be gone.

On a side note, Quick-Reply doesn't show me the smilies like it did in the Alina theme.

we've been having random trouble with the smilies.  my regular reply here shows a bunch of them  :sombrero:
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

simguy228

I've noticed two smilies have been added, this one  :hmmm: (doesn't show up) and this one :happy:
Lovable. Truthful. Great, SC4
[acronym=Simple Machines Forum]SMF[/acronym]

BigMattFromTexas

What happened to the "Highway" theme?
BigMatt

Alex

Quote from: BigMatt on November 27, 2009, 08:12:25 PM
What happened to the "Highway" theme?
BigMatt

I made an executive decision and deleted all themes outside Button Copy and default. We are open to adding new themes later...

froggie

...including something similar to the previous "Highway theme"?

SSOWorld

The reason the smileys don't exist in the Quick Reply box is because they were part of a plug-in for the forum software - a plug-in I don't wish to see installed since it had many bugs (including the quote problem)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Scott5114

Quote from: Master son on November 28, 2009, 09:35:29 PM
The reason the smileys don't exist in the Quick Reply box is because they were part of a plug-in for the forum software - a plug-in I don't wish to see installed since it had many bugs (including the quote problem)

This is pretty much in one form or another why most of the missing things were removed. We wanted to ensure that potential vectors for attack are minimized. The more themes, extensions, and plugins we have installed, the greater the chances of one of them being not thoroughly reviewed for security and thus allowing the crackers re-entry.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

mightyace

What happened today?

I see there were no posts between approximately 12:30 and 8:30pm EST plus I was not able to access the site during that time.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Alps

Quote from: mightyace on December 09, 2009, 08:48:46 PM
What happened today?

I see there were no posts between approximately 12:30 and 8:30pm EST plus I was not able to access the site during that time.

Server was rebooted.  Problem solved for now.  Remember folks, when AARoads Forum is down, first check to see if AARoads itself is down - before you panic about the forum.  Because the site won't be down for very long if it is.

mightyace

Quote from: AlpsROADS on December 09, 2009, 08:59:31 PM
Server was rebooted.  Problem solved for now.  Remember folks, when AARoads Forum is down, first check to see if AARoads itself is down - before you panic about the forum.  Because the site won't be down for very long if it is.

Thanks,

I did check that and that's how I knew it was more than the forum.  (I tried periodically from 3:30pm EST until 8:30pm EST until I could access it again.)

If one of us notices AAroads.com or the forum is down, should we email someone?  If so, who at what address?

Alex

Quote from: mightyace on December 09, 2009, 09:54:45 PM
Quote from: AlpsROADS on December 09, 2009, 08:59:31 PM
Server was rebooted.  Problem solved for now.  Remember folks, when AARoads Forum is down, first check to see if AARoads itself is down - before you panic about the forum.  Because the site won't be down for very long if it is.

Thanks,

I did check that and that's how I knew it was more than the forum.  (I tried periodically from 3:30pm EST until 8:30pm EST until I could access it again.)

If one of us notices AAroads.com or the forum is down, should we email someone?  If so, who at what address?

I noticed it from this afternoon onwards. I had problems logging into the control panel for the server as well, but as it turns out, they were doing maintenance on their control panels, so the timing led me to think it was an overall problem with the hosting company servers. Later on our cpanel started working properly again, and that is when I called and had the server rebooted.

SSOWorld

it may likely have been a DDOS attack.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

mightyace

Quote from: Master son on December 09, 2009, 11:13:37 PM
it may likely have been a DDOS attack.

If it was, they were certainly barking up the wrong tree!  :pan:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.