News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Creating my own forum

Started by traffic light guy, December 28, 2017, 07:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traffic light guy

I got banned from Highway Divides, 2 years ago. Someone I knew created an account there, and got banned for displaying an "inaccurate age", and while they were on there, I was told that the members were talking all types of trash about me once my name was bought up. These guys get their nuts in a knot over every little thing, I was told one member said "traffic light guy's flickr descriptions are cringe-worthy". I was also bashed for having "inaccurate traffic signal dates." First of all, I get the traffic signal dates from a reliable source, I E-mail people who work for PennDOT. They give me info such as old signal plans and ATTACHED INSPECTION LETTERS. And when I so-called guess, the highway divides people say "You're full of ****". Jesus, they're just traffic lights, so what, I'm a rookie. Another thing, I can't get certain traffic signal pictures, I'm only a teenager, my parents still have control over where I go. It was like pulling teeth getting certain pictures. I admit it I was being a show-off, and there were times where I was a bit too much. You know what, I'm done. So what if they don't like me, I like me, so ***** them! I'm glad I'm banned, I don't wanna be on a site where people are gonna treat me like ****. I'm not trying to cause trouble here, I need help starting my own traffic light based forum. Any ideas, I want to create a forum that's bigger than highway divides, and that's way more lenient.

freebrickproductions

Actually, you were banned from there again as it appears that you were evading your ban by having a sock-puppet account.

Also, if you really want to make your own forum, there are websites that allow you to do that. Just be prepared to pay a fee if you want to have a custom domain name.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

notmutcdcompliant

As the OWNER and the one who pays for all the domain names, SSL Certs, Software, Server Space, and Bandwidth of Highway Divides, I can tell you I don't take banning people lightly.

That being said I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor creating your own forum. I hope you do and I told you so two years ago when you were first banned. And then banned again with a new gmail address... and then again with a VPN, and then again with a VPN and new email.  Come on, give me some credit... I do run an IT security company, It isn't that easy to fool me.

You were given NUMEROUS warnings and tips on how to work within the forum, you ignored every one of them and wrote it all off as "I'm just a kid." This time when you registered you lied about your age... putting me in a potential legal situation. That's why YOU, not your "friend", was banned once again today.

You can say we were all mean, we were nasty, we mocked you all you want... the truth of the matter is that is just all what you have made up to justify why you were banned, not because you couldn't follow the riles, or stole pictures without credit, or lied about your age, or continued to beat the same topic to death again, and again, and again, and again... It was everyone else fault.

Here's a tip for the future... if your going to try to sneak BACK into a forum you are banned on... maybe don't post asking how to do it on a forum that shares many of the same members.... https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=19449.msg2196421#msg2196421

traffic light guy

Quote from: notmutcdcompliant on December 28, 2017, 09:39:59 PM
As the OWNER and the one who pays for all the domain names, SSL Certs, Software, Server Space, and Bandwidth of Highway Divides, I can tell you I don't take banning people lightly.

That being said I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor creating your own forum. I hope you do and I told you so two years ago when you were first banned. And then banned again with a new gmail address... and then again with a VPN, and then again with a VPN and new email.  Come on, give me some credit... I do run an IT security company, It isn't that easy to fool me.

You were given NUMEROUS warnings and tips on how to work within the forum, you ignored every one of them and wrote it all off as "I'm just a kid." This time when you registered you lied about your age... putting me in a potential legal situation. That's why YOU, not your "friend", was banned once again today.

You can say we were all mean, we were nasty, we mocked you all you want... the truth of the matter is that is just all what you have made up to justify why you were banned, not because you couldn't follow the riles, or stole pictures without credit, or lied about your age, or continued to beat the same topic to death again, and again, and again, and again... It was everyone else fault.

Here's a tip for the future... if your going to try to sneak BACK into a forum you are banned on... maybe don't post asking how to do it on a forum that shares many of the same members.... https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=19449.msg2196421#msg2196421

What gave it away this time? What gave it away that it was a "Sockpuppet account"

AsphaltPlanet

^ If you do create a new forum, may I suggest the website be named "biproads"?  I'm pretty sure it's available.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Let's keep this civil, please and why would you bring outside issues on another forum? It isn't fair to us AARoads forum'ers to have to hear or handle any of the falling out between you and another party. :pan: :thumbdown:
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

SignGeek101

Wondering how long it will be until this gets locked...

Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on December 28, 2017, 09:51:01 PM
^ If you do create a new forum, may I suggest the website be named "biproads"?  I'm pretty sure it's available.

:-D

traffic light guy

* I'm not disjustifying my own ban, there are reasons why I did the things I did. I have no interests trying to regain access, I'm still gonna get caught. I wanna move on:

*It wasn't technically a sock-puppet account, I actually had someone else register the account, while I did the posting (I knew I'd get caught within a month or so)

*The "being a kid" thing has to do with the fact that I can't take pictures of certain intersections because my parents still have control over me. (Which gave me no choice but to use other people's photos) (Until I got a Flickr account, months after I got banned, but I still can't gain access to certain intersections due to adult restraint)

*Trust me Matt, I know there's way more than just eagle flatback traffic signals, I abused that topic, BECAUSE those are the only old signals left in my area. I'd love to travel to another state and see various other brands of classic signals and then have discussions about them.

*The information on my Flickr account is pretty accurate, as I've said time and time, I E-Mail people who work for PennDOT, in order to get that info. (I have screenshots of the E-Mails too)

But yes, I was wrong. As much as I hate saying this, I deserved the consequence. At this point, an apology isn't good enough. I wanna move forward and create my own forum. Hell, I might do some traveling in the future to get shots of various other types of signals (the jersey coastline cities have a few CH art decos, that I'd kill for pictures of)

traffic light guy

Quote from: freebrickproductions on December 28, 2017, 09:19:43 PM
Actually, you were banned from there again as it appears that you were evading your ban by having a sock-puppet account.

Also, if you really want to make your own forum, there are websites that allow you to do that. Just be prepared to pay a fee if you want to have a custom domain name.

I'm curious, what gave it away that it was me?

freebrickproductions

Quote from: traffic light guy on December 28, 2017, 10:26:42 PM
Quote from: freebrickproductions on December 28, 2017, 09:19:43 PM

I'm curious, what gave it away that it was me?
Posting style, mainly. Let's just say you have a rather "unique" writing style.

Also, since you had someone else make the account for you, that might be getting into meat-puppet territory.

SM-G900V

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Ian

Quote from: traffic light guy on December 28, 2017, 10:23:52 PM
* I'm not disjustifying my own ban, there are reasons why I did the things I did. I have no interests trying to regain access, I'm still gonna get caught. I wanna move on:

Was there not one moment where you thought maybe there was a reason you were banned in the first place? And was there also not another thought that maybe you shouldn't continue to do the things that initially got you banned when you're on the forum illegally? Or are you just that out of touch?

*It wasn't technically a sock-puppet account, I actually had someone else register the account, while I did the posting (I knew I'd get caught within a month or so)

I'd imagine that would fall under the same category as sock-puppeting. And you were very persistent that "Sean" wasn't you until some of us (including me) called you out. Remember telling me to "cut the shit" earlier today?

*The "being a kid" thing has to do with the fact that I can't take pictures of certain intersections because my parents still have control over me. (Which gave me no choice but to use other people's photos) (Until I got a Flickr account, months after I got banned, but I still can't gain access to certain intersections due to adult restraint)

I mean, that sucks that you can't go out and take photos on your own time, but that doesn't excuse stealing other peoples photos. Wait a few years for your license; at the speed of how Pennsylvania does things, the old signals will likely still be there.

*Trust me Matt, I know there's way more than just eagle flatback traffic signals, I abused that topic, BECAUSE those are the only old signals left in my area. I'd love to travel to another state and see various other brands of classic signals and then have discussions about them.

There were a handful of posts on your most recent topic on Highway Divides that listed a fairly decent amount of old signals still left IN YOUR AREA that you refused to acknowledge. Remember when Greg mentioned the art deco's in Collingdale? The Eagleux's with finials in Yeadon? The breadpans in Pennsauken? You're assuming you have to drive days away to see anything older than 4 decades old (which IMO is already pretty old for a traffic signal).

*The information on my Flickr account is pretty accurate, as I've said time and time, I E-Mail people who work for PennDOT, in order to get that info. (I have screenshots of the E-Mails too)

Okay, and have you once thought to post these alleged screenshots? I've seen you talk quite a lot about these e-mails, but never have I (nor anyone else from what I've heard) seen proof.

But yes, I was wrong. As much as I hate saying this, I deserved the consequence. At this point, an apology isn't good enough. I wanna move forward and create my own forum.

Okay, perfect. Moving forward, I'm locking this thread.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

rickmastfan67

@traffic light guy

Quote from: Alex on May 21, 2009, 10:34:10 PM
By posting in our forum, you automatically agree to the following:

What's not allowed:

• Any questions about other websites. If you have a question about another website or forum, post it on their forum or contact them directly.

There is no reason to bring this fight from another forum over to here.  We don't need this, or want it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.