News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Email Notification Link Issue

Started by vdeane, January 30, 2010, 08:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

The past couple days whenever I click on a link in the email notifications for topic replies I'm taken to the start of the last page of the thread rather than the new post.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

deathtopumpkins

Because of how the forum software is set up, if the anchor in the link is just "#new", then if the newest unread post is not on the last page it just takes you to the last page. You just have to manually go back and find it.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

vdeane

It is, but the email link has always been this way.  Has a software update been done recently to cause the change?  It's so annoying that I'm considering turning subscriptions off altogether as they are now virtually useless.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

deathtopumpkins

No, the forum's still using the same old (and now IMO outdated) version of SMF, and the links have always done that. It's pretty useful if you check them regularly.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

rickmastfan67

The forum software isn't out of date till 2.0 officially gets released.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.