News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

"News" tab is outdated

Started by hotdogPi, August 26, 2018, 09:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

I'm referring to the banner/tab that says "News: Check out the latest road meet info for one near–or as far as possible from–you".

Currently it is one of three things: "latest road meets", "new AARoads design is live", and "no political content in signatures". The second and third ones are a bit outdated, both being over a month ago.

Maybe there could be some actual road-related news, such as FL 23 in/near Jacksonville and other recently completed (or designated) highways. Other examples that wouldn't apply now, but would have in the past, would be

• [year] Rand McNally atlas just came out
  • I-87 designated in North Carolina
  • US 311 truncated
  • AASHTO annual meeting results in several changes to routes
  • I-895 in New York downgraded
  • Maximum speed limit in [state] increased to 80
  • Future I-57 extended into Arkansas
  • [road] becomes AET"
and more. The idea is that people would get an idea of what is going on in other parts of the country, even if they don't read the regional boards for far-away places.

September 12's trivia night should also be mentioned.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

I don't know how much admin support you're going to get, but let me say that I am completely on board with this idea and now that you bring it up, it makes me wonder why it hasn't been like your idea all along.  :nod:
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

Alps

I think we just generally don't pay much attention to it. We've never done road related news. But it's been noticed.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.