AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Regional mod, global mod, admin  (Read 7804 times)

tolbs17

• Last Login: March 31, 2022, 07:24:24 PM
Regional mod, global mod, admin
« on: September 27, 2019, 10:59:08 PM »

What's the difference and what do regional mod, global mod, and admins do? I just want to know, thanks.

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:45:18 PM
    • Alps' Roads
Re: Regional mod, global mod, admin
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 11:04:19 PM »

What's the difference and what do regional mod, global mod, and admins do? I just want to know, thanks.
Easy. Regional moderator can moderate all posts in one of the regional boards. Their names are listed below the specific board. They can also participate in the admin board discussions that we have, but they cannot generally edit posts in other boards. (There is an exception where they used to be able to merge posts, I believe. The merge post feature is now gone.) Global moderators can moderate all posts in all boards, and also have the power to approve/deny new users, moderate existing users, or even delete a user (the "nuclear option" we almost never exercise). Oddly, we can't temporarily ban users, only delete or issue warnings. Finally, admins can do all of the above, plus all sorts of user options. (They could edit your signature, icon, everything. That's why NE2, bugo, and myself have unusual start dates.) Admins can also update the forum software. For example, with the current chat problems, only admins have access to try to fix it.

tolbs17

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 11:17:34 PM »

Easy. Regional moderator can moderate all posts in one of the regional boards. Their names are listed below the specific board. They can also participate in the admin board discussions that we have, but they cannot generally edit posts in other boards. (There is an exception where they used to be able to merge posts, I believe. The merge post feature is now gone.) Global moderators can moderate all posts in all boards, and also have the power to approve/deny new users, moderate existing users, or even delete a user (the "nuclear option" we almost never exercise). Oddly, we can't temporarily ban users, only delete or issue warnings. Finally, admins can do all of the above, plus all sorts of user options. (They could edit your signature, icon, everything. That's why NE2, bugo, and myself have unusual start dates.) Admins can also update the forum software. For example, with the current chat problems, only admins have access to try to fix it.
I think one time you used to be an administrator and SSOWorld was once a global moderator. And I find it interesting that only admins can temporarily ban users while the global mods can't. I thought you could temp or perma ban users too!

Alps

• y u m

• Alps' Roads
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 11:19:08 PM »

I think one time you used to be an administrator and SSOWorld was once a global moderator. And I find it interesting that only admins can temporarily ban users while the global mods can't. I thought you could temp or perma ban users too!
How long have you been stalking us?...

tolbs17

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 09:19:37 AM »

And who can ban users and lock threads? Can regional moderators do that too?

Alps

• y u m

• Alps' Roads
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 11:01:57 AM »

And who can ban users and lock threads? Can regional moderators do that too?
Regional mods can lock threads in their own regions at least. Not sure about global applicability. I just discussed bans...

kphoger

• My 2 Achilles' heels: sarcasm & snark

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:31:10 PM
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 01:30:30 PM »

How long have you been stalking us?...

Close your blinds after the sun goes down!   :awesomeface:
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. Dick
If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

GeekJedi

• Last Login: March 16, 2024, 09:09:15 PM
    • The Geek Jedi
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 11:42:54 AM »

I want to create a new type of user: Worthy Adversary. :-)

(I actually have that on the name plate on my desk)
"Wisconsin - The Concurrency State!"

Max Rockatansky

• Last Login: Today at 12:44:16 AM
    • Gribblenation
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 01:11:01 PM »

I want to create a new type of user: Worthy Adversary. :-)

(I actually have that on the name plate on my desk)

Are you saying that you have a mortal enemy on this forum? 

GeekJedi

• Last Login: March 16, 2024, 09:09:15 PM
    • The Geek Jedi
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 01:37:21 PM »

I look at it like going to prison - beat up the biggest guy first to assert your dominance. :-D
"Wisconsin - The Concurrency State!"

tolbs17

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2021, 07:35:40 PM »

So, when talking about a Global Mod, I'm guessing they are the same as Super Mods in other forums.

And Regional mods I guess can be called as just normal Moderators.

Scott5114

• Nit picker of unprecedented pedantry

• Last Login: Today at 12:58:07 AM
    • Denexa 100% Plastic Playing Cards
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 07:40:31 PM »

Listing synonyms (literally saying the same thing in different ways and adding no new information) is no reason to bump a thread that has been dead for nearly two years.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.