News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

When is a thread too old?

Started by Odysseus, July 23, 2011, 01:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odysseus

I know there's no clear-cut answer to this question, but when is a thread too old for a new post?

The guidelines tell us that we should use the search feature before starting a new thread so as to avoid starting a duplicate thread. Sometimes you face the dilemma of finding a thread that is related to the subject on your mind, but it appears to be too old for a new post. So how old is too old?

froggie

IMO, it's never too old if it's relevant to the subject in question.

vdeane

Agreed.  The problem is that some new people (in general with all forums) respond to old threads with no purpose other than to raise their post count, so make sure you're actually adding to the conversation.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

6a

I've never really understood the whole 'raising post count' thing.  It's not like we all can't see what's going on.  Anyway, I agree with the two posters above me.  Not only is it not a bad idea to add new information, it may bring attention to a thread that many haven't seen before.  If you do start a duplicate thread, the moderation staff here seems fairly on the ball about merging or redirecting the two.

J N Winkler

Post count 10,000+ = penis length 8" or better.  "+1" over and over again is the equivalent of a penis pump.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Alps

This reply will boost my post count.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.