News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Stars

Started by US 41, March 01, 2013, 02:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 41

How do you guys get these stars? NE2 had 4 blue stars when I began using this forum but now he has 5. The Mods all have gold stars and others have green sars and smaller gold stars. Do get them by how many times you post or what? Could NE2 for example ever become a MOD? Could someone please explain to me what the stars represent.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

NE2

Quote from: US 41 on March 01, 2013, 02:24:28 PM
Could NE2 for example ever become a MOD?
No.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Scott5114

The gold and blue stars are determined by post count. The number of stars also corresponds to the type of road that displays under your name. After five (I think) yellow stars, you go to one blue star and work up from there.

The red stars denote moderators and admins. They are chosen by Alex and the other mods. The more red stars, the broader the jurisdiction of the user. Green stars denote users with special significance to the forum; one green star is an employee of a state DOT, and thus may have special insight into the way roads are developed and built. Two green stars is a person who has significantly contributed to the AARoads site in some way, yet is not a moderator (e.g. Jake, who runs the Shield Gallery, but does not have any moderator or admin power).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Grzrd

NE2

purple text

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

1995hoo

Quote from: Grzrd on March 01, 2013, 03:36:35 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on March 01, 2013, 03:31:35 PM
Quote from: NE2 on March 01, 2013, 02:29:33 PM
No.
But you might become a rocker?

an Ace Rocker, like Sting?

Sting played a mod (Ace Face) in Quadrophenia.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

corco

I would actually really enjoy seeing NE2 as the Manager on Duty (MOD) at a service establishment- his response when some hotel guest comes up demanding a free night because they found a piece of a candy wrapper underneath the couch cushions would be hilarious.

kkt

Now, the Star-Bell Sneetches had bellies with stars.
The Plain-Belly Sneetches had none upon thars.
Those stars weren't so big. They were really so small.
You might think such a thing wouldn't matter at all.

In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday tomorrow.

NE2

Alps

Quote from: NE2 on March 01, 2013, 02:29:33 PM
No.
See, Scott5114 is an example of a MOD. He sneaks in and edits posts.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.