News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

new toll gap of the Manor Expwy(US-290) in Austin opened.

Started by Stephane Dumas, December 01, 2012, 02:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane Dumas

From http://www.tollroadsnews.com/node/6300

Quote2012/11/30: Tomorrow December 1 will see the first traffic traveling on the first tolled portion of the new Manor Expressway or US290E, to be the sixth tollroad in the Texas capital metro area. Central Texas RMA spokesman Steve Pustelnyk says they'll quietly remove barriers late this evening to allow traffic to use three eastbound main lanes of Phase 1 from US183 to Springdale Road, about 1.4 miles, 2.25km. They expect to open direct connector ramps at US183 to the Manor and the westbound main lanes around the turn of the year.

When the high connector ramps at the US290/US183 interchange and both directions of main lanes are open in January 2013 tolls will begin on Phase 1.

Phase 2 will take the new tollroad another 4.8 miles, 7,7km east to Parmer Lane just beyond the 130 Toll Road in Travis an eastern suburb of the Austin area. The whole length of this connector road, 6.2 miles, 10km is supposed to open in 2014 at a total cost of $427m.

BiggieJohn

looks like it's 1.1 miles of the eastbound side only, and none of the ramps from 183 are open yet.

InterstateNG

Quote from: BiggieJohn on December 03, 2012, 02:40:51 PM
looks like it's 1.1 miles of the eastbound side only, and none of the ramps from 183 are open yet.

Ramp from SB 183 to EB 290 was open when I drove through today.

The 290 sign is Clearview numbers.
I demand an apology.

bassoon1986

So will it be similar to other Texas toll highways where US 290 will become the frontage road?

wxfree

Quote from: bassoon1986 on December 05, 2012, 12:58:04 PM
So will it be similar to other Texas toll highways where US 290 will become the frontage road?

Yes, US 290 will run along the frontage roads while the controlled access lanes will be the Manor Expressway, apparently signed as 290 TOLL.  The 290 on the sign is only a reference to a nearby highway, not a highway number (the same as 183A).  The toll facility is being built by a regional mobility authority and will not be part of the state highway system.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

InterstateNG

I drove this last night, not much to it right now, but what there was is pretty nice.  Construction hasn't even begun on most of the eastern end of this project, except at the SH 130 intersection.
I demand an apology.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.