News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

14th Amendment Highway ("I-14"); Gulf Coast Strategic Highway System

Started by Grzrd, September 07, 2010, 06:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

Chose this Region to start thread because it seems to be in middle of three potentially affected Regions.

I have not heard of Gulf Coast Strategic Highway System.  Associated website has a 2010 copyright and most recent "News" link is Dec., 2009:

http://www.gulfcoaststrategichighway.org/project%20overview.html

This association met with directors of MDOT, LADOTD and TxDOT in 2008.  Website piqued my curiosity and I'm curious if anyone has any information beyond that on the website.

elsmere241

I wouldn't call the whole thing I-14 - that would lead to a triplex across the MS/AL line.  Instead, I'd call it I-14 as far east as Laurel, MS; I-16 across AL and GA to Macon, and then a 3di from Macon to Savannah.

74/171FAN

Quote from: elsmere241 on September 08, 2010, 09:16:29 AM
I wouldn't call the whole thing I-14 - that would lead to a triplex across the MS/AL line.  Instead, I'd call it I-14 as far east as Laurel, MS; I-16 across AL and GA to Macon, and then a 3di from Macon to Savannah.
Don't you mean Augusta instead of Savannah?
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

froggie

I don't see the need for an Interstate along here, period.  This is nothing that a 4-lane highway can't handle.  In fact, MDOT has effectively completed the 4-laning of US 84 west of Laurel, while ALDOT is in the process of widening US 80 west of Selma.

elsmere241

Quote from: 74/171FAN on September 08, 2010, 09:23:06 AM
Quote from: elsmere241 on September 08, 2010, 09:16:29 AM
Don't you mean Augusta instead of Savannah?
Yes - I wasn't looking at the map when I posted.

DollarBill

Quote from: froggie on September 08, 2010, 12:29:43 PM
I don't see the need for an Interstate along here, period.  This is nothing that a 4-lane highway can't handle.  In fact, MDOT has effectively completed the 4-laning of US 84 west of Laurel, while ALDOT is in the process of widening US 80 west of Selma.

Same here. Im from central miss, so i drove down hwy 84 several times. Its a very light and empty four lane with traffic equal to many two lanes around here. four laning it was a complete waste of time and money.....i hope they dont waste even more by adding this highway to the interstate system

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.