News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Saw Mill River Parkway Exit 32

Started by interstatefan990, October 18, 2020, 11:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJStephens

Quote from: D-Dey65 on October 19, 2020, 08:55:46 AM
I have to agree with InterstateFan, The Don, and NoGoodNames. I love the scenery of the Saw Mill River Parkway, but I hate the intersections and defective interchanges. And I still see plenty of places where some of them can easily be rebuilt as decent interchanges.
Used to travel that road as a kid in seventies and early eighties.  Yep remember the deficiencies even back then.  A lot of interesting elements also - the stone bridges (with lousy horizontal clearance) and sections of what appeared to be original longitudinal slab concrete pavement, already by then nearly fifty years old, with large aggregate clearly visible.   
Any data on accidents - such as grisly T Bones at some of the non grade separated intersections?  Unfortunately, there has had to have been more than one.   

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.