News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2020 Sauk Valley Road Meet

Started by Brandon, August 03, 2019, 11:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Day Works Best for the Meet?

Sat., June 6, 2020
4 (36.4%)
Sat., June 13, 2020
8 (72.7%)
Sat., June 27, 2020
6 (54.5%)
Sat., July 11, 2020
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: October 02, 2019, 11:53:52 AM

Brandon

The Sauk Valley, Illinois Road Meet.  This will focus on Dixon, Sterling, and Rock Falls, Illinois (collectively known as the Sauk Valley), with a focus on the old Lincoln Highway, the bridges and rail viaducts, a free section of I-88 (run by the Tollway), and a smattering of other stuff (even a drive-by of the Reagan Home in Dixon for those who bip).

Up above, please select which day(s) you would prefer for the meet.

The meet will start at 11:00 am, Central Time at Arthur's Garden Deli in Dixon.
https://www.arthursdeli.com/#welcome2
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

A.J. Bertin

Woo hoo! Another Illinois meet. :) I'm counting myself as a "maybe". My vote was for July 11.
-A.J. from Michigan

cl94

I'll put myself down as "interested", but waaaaaaaaaaay too early to say if I'd be able to make it.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

SSOWorld

The only thing preventing me from going is personal stuff (like work or family)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

cjk374

Hmmmm.....very interesting. (spoken in the voice of Wolfgang the German soldier from "Martin & Rowan'Rowan's Laugh In.")
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

kevinb1994

Hate to say this, but I'm not committed to this meet thanks to the Coronavirus. I'll see y'all at the OBX meet this year.

signalman

I'm interested as well.  I voted for the early June dates only because I'd prefer to travel before most of the kids get out of school.  However, in all honesty, it's too far out for me to say whether I could definitely attend or not.

Duke87

I'll be able to tell you what weekends in June 2020 I am or am not available when it's May 2020.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

June 13 is Chicago's Blues Festival. I dunno is that would make me more likely to attend your meet, or less likely.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

inkyatari

Too soon to commit to a date.  I need to look to see when Bike MS for next year is.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

jpi

I voted for the June dates, may be able to tie it in with a St Louis area toy show on Sunday like I have done before with past Illinois meets
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Brandon

Well, I finally made a decision, based on an event I have in early June (not sure which of the two Saturdays yet), my June work schedule, and the proximity to Tim's Cincy meet. I'd like to have some time between that one and mine for those (like me) who'd like to go to both.  Therefore, the meet will be June 27.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

signalman

Quote from: Brandon on October 12, 2019, 10:05:46 AM
Well, I finally made a decision, based on an event I have in early June (not sure which of the two Saturdays yet), my June work schedule, and the proximity to Tim's Cincy meet. I'd like to have some time between that one and mine for those (like me) who'd like to go to both.  Therefore, the meet will be June 27.
I was actually hoping it would be the week after Cincy.  I was going to incorporate the two into a mega Midwest trip.  Oh well.  That being said, I plan to attend both as it stands right now.

A.J. Bertin

I will be there!
-A.J. from Michigan

Highway63

If the Lincoln Highway convention is on the same schedule as a few years ago, this will be great. If not, despite only being two hours away, I may not be able to make it.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Highway63 on December 06, 2019, 01:10:42 AM
If the Lincoln Highway convention is on the same schedule as a few years ago, this will be great. If not, despite only being two hours away, I may not be able to make it.

I had someone tell me that the LHA convention would be in Illinois and at the end of June. That said, there is nothing on the Lincoln Highway website, nor has any dates (or locations) been mentioned on the LHA's Facebook group.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

inkyatari

Bike MS in St. Charles is that weekend, so I won't be able to attend.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

jpi

Will definetly keep this on my radar, at this point I have nothing going on that weekend
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Highway63

Asked via e-mail, was told Joliet LHA conference is June 22-25 - Monday through Thursday.  :-/ So I suppose I'll be finding a couple museums to hit in Chicago on Friday.

jpi

I know its been a while since anyone posted on here, so the date for this is June 27? If so I think I can still make this one.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Brandon

Quote from: jpi on February 28, 2020, 10:53:30 AM
I know its been a while since anyone posted on here, so the date for this is June 27? If so I think I can still make this one.

Yes.  I still have put together the itinerary.

jpi

Quote from: Brandon on February 28, 2020, 06:30:22 PM
Quote from: jpi on February 28, 2020, 10:53:30 AM

Yes.  I still have put together the itinerary.
Cool, just need to secure my lodging, I may do a 4 day weekend and tie in a US 30 clinch and some new counties in Iowa
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

codyg1985

I am keeping this on my radar in case COVID dies down and my wife doesn't have to work.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

SSOWorld

1. Uh oh, this is spreading like wildfire.
2. Better stay away from strangers and #FlattenTheCurve.
3. It works. Curve flattens.
4. Welp this whole social distancing thing is silly. Let's #openup the economy.
5. ... goto step 1

(from Facebook)  - hopefully the meet begins at step 4.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

bandit957

Quote from: SSOWorld on May 06, 2020, 06:44:07 PM
1. Uh oh, this is spreading like wildfire.
2. Better stay away from strangers and #FlattenTheCurve.
3. It works. Curve flattens.
4. Welp this whole social distancing thing is silly. Let's #openup the economy.
5. ... goto step 1

(from Facebook)  - hopefully the meet begins at step 4.

I'm at step 4 (except for my fear of entering buildings).

There's not gonna be a step 5.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.