News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Early 2024 Atlanta Mini Meet

Started by codyg1985, December 07, 2023, 06:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which date works best for this meet for you?

Saturday, February 24th
2 (28.6%)
Saturday, March 2nd
5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: December 28, 2023, 06:17:21 PM

codyg1985

I am planning a mini meet for the north Atlanta area for either late February or early March 2024. The highlight will be the I-285/400 interchange, but if time allows we will also see the I-85/285 NE interchange (Spaghetti Junction).

We will both drive through as well as take photos of the I-285/GA400 interchange from various vantage points. We will also do the same with the I-85/285 NE interchange, time permitting.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

codyg1985

I have made my decision that the meet will be held on Saturday, 3/2. More details, including restaurant info, will be forthcoming.
Cody Goodman

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

codyg1985

Quote from: Rothman on December 23, 2023, 09:30:26 AM
What makes it mini?

It won't be a full tour of the whole city of Atlanta but rather one or maybe two attractions, nor will the meet last as long as a traditional meet.
Cody Goodman

codyg1985

Outside of local suggestions, I have a few potential locations for the lunch:

- Village Burger 1426 Dunwoody Village Pkwy, Dunwoody, GA 30338
- Joey D's Oak Room 1015 Crown Pointe Pkwy, Dunwoody, GA 30338
- HOBNOB Neighborhood Tavern 1221 Ashford Crossing, Atlanta, GA 30346
Cody Goodman

Tom958

Thanks for doing this. We Atlantans are too lazy.

Joey D's is well-located, but it's really expensive. I only go there if the boss is paying. I guess I should help scout other places.

codyg1985

Here is the draft itinerary for the meet on March 2nd.

Lunch will be at 11 AM at Pig-N-Chik BBQ 4920 Roswell Rd Suite 45a, Atlanta, GA 30342

Please let me know if you have issues accessing this.
Cody Goodman

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

jpi

And I plan on being there too, first time in a long time I will be at 2 road meets within a month
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Tom958

It was had, it was a success. Thanks, Cody, and all attendees!  :clap:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.