News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

A bit of an odd request

Started by tribar, July 25, 2015, 08:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tribar

Google finally updated the images for the Chicagoland area.  I was wondering if anyone can post some recent construction projects that were finished between 2013 and now.  Mainly just so I could look at how things have changed over time.  You don't have to post pictures, just tell me the location.

Also, please don't post small, unnoticeable things like a new streetlight, a recently repaved sidewalk or a new flowerbed. 

Thanks.   

Brandon

* The Arsenal Road interchange on I-55 (Exit 244) was completed.
* The I-294/I-57 interchange was built (Exit 7/Exit 349).
* Look for the bus lane signage on I-55 between I-355 (Exit 269) and Damen (Exit 290).
* Look for the Illinois Tollway exit numbers.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Joe The Dragon

Quote from: tribar on July 25, 2015, 08:50:41 PM
Google finally updated the images for the Chicagoland area.  I was wondering if anyone can post some recent construction projects that were finished between 2013 and now.  Mainly just so I could look at how things have changed over time.  You don't have to post pictures, just tell me the location.

Also, please don't post small, unnoticeable things like a new streetlight, a recently repaved sidewalk or a new flowerbed. 

Thanks.   
New EOE ramps

tribar

Quote from: Brandon on July 25, 2015, 09:57:30 PM
* The Arsenal Road interchange on I-55 (Exit 244) was completed.
* The I-294/I-57 interchange was built (Exit 7/Exit 349).
* Look for the bus lane signage on I-55 between I-355 (Exit 269) and Damen (Exit 290).
* Look for the Illinois Tollway exit numbers.

How would I do that?  It was only the images that were updated, not street view. 

hobsini2

Ah. Well once Streetview catches up, you will notice that the Tri-State Tollway changed the mile markers.

Other things that are new to Google since 2013 are the I-80 exit for Lisbon Rd and the new I-57 interchange on the Tri-State.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

SSOWorld

When GSV updates, new speed limits.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

johndoe780

Wonder how Google updated the maps. The bulls training center-err Advocate center- is still a parking lot on satellite view. But you can easily see the new EOE ramps, Mannheim rd widening, overpass in West chicago over UP-W and the 6 laning on north ave from 59 to smith/kautz rd and the overpass on irving park rd in bensenville.

tribar

Some other things to look at.

-Western Algonquin Bypass
-IL 176 & 31
-I 90 and IL 47
-EOE and Jane Addams Construction
-I 94 & IL 173 (Not much too it)
-I 94/I 41 from Russell Road to WIS 142
-Advocate Center (Try Google Earth if you can't see it)
-Red Gate Road bridge over the Fox River
-SPUI at I 55 and Central
-Balmoral Ave bridge over Mannheim (under construction)
-Johnsburg Roundabout
-Millennium Park
-Drafttown on Congress between Michigan and Columbus (obviously, that's not still there, but still interesting.)

I left out a couple things that were mentioned repeatedly.  This is obviously an incomplete list. 

johndoe780

This may sound weird, but using my house to specify the date the pictures were taken, I'm going to have to say the pictures were dated April 25 of this year.

Just saw the aerial shots of the widening on 90, looks beautiful!

I give it 10 years before the tollway ends up having to 8 lane 90 from Randall to 47.

Mr Downtown

As some of you may know, http://maps.us.nearmap.com/ flies US metro areas every six months.  They do ask you to register, and a year from now will try to get you to pay for access.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.