News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Theme Change?

Started by Hobart, March 26, 2024, 12:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeCL

I don't come here in this section that often but yeah a darker theme would be welcomed.

TheGrassGuy

Good to hear the wonky theme is only temporary.
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

jlam

I just booted up the forum on my phone and the theme was back in button copy, albeit with corrupted images. It seemed as if there were no posts on there after the update, and it reverted to the modern theme after clicking on a link:

Scott5114

You're probably seeing a snapshot of the forum stored in your phone's browser cache.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SEWIGuy

Let's just keep the new theme. I've gotten used to it.

ZLoth

At least it's not a "Road Construction" theme with construction orange, safety green, and fluorescent yellow.
Why does "END ROAD WORK" sound like it belongs on a protest sign?

Scott5114

Quote from: SEWIGuy on May 06, 2024, 03:44:45 PMLet's just keep the new theme. I've gotten used to it.

I absolutely despise it, and I've had some users tell me they have been using the forum less or not at all because of it. I have a replacement about half-done, but I want to add dark mode support, but stuff keeps coming up that keeps me from getting around to finishing it.

In any case, just like before, if you do prefer this theme, it will be available as an option in your preferences.

SEWIGuy

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 06, 2024, 04:33:06 PM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on May 06, 2024, 03:44:45 PMLet's just keep the new theme. I've gotten used to it.

I absolutely despise it, and I've had some users tell me they have been using the forum less or not at all because of it. I have a replacement about half-done, but I want to add dark mode support, but stuff keeps coming up that keeps me from getting around to finishing it.

In any case, just like before, if you do prefer this theme, it will be available as an option in your preferences.

Are any of the users staying away citizens of Finland?

Scott5114

Quote from: SEWIGuy on May 06, 2024, 04:39:46 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on May 06, 2024, 04:33:06 PM

Are any of the users staying away citizens of Finland?

No, they're all Americans.

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 06, 2024, 04:33:06 PMI absolutely despise it, and I've had some users tell me they have been using the forum less or not at all because of it. I have a replacement about half-done, but I want to add dark mode support, but stuff keeps coming up that keeps me from getting around to finishing it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I've been using the forum less, but I too absolutely despise this theme. So,  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: for the upcoming replacement.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Max Rockatansky

I've wondered myself if the temporary theme change turned off/deterred a lot of the P13-like posters. 

Rothman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 06, 2024, 05:54:51 PMI've wondered myself if the temporary theme change turned off/deterred a lot of the P13-like posters. 

Then why change it back?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Rothman on May 06, 2024, 06:41:01 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 06, 2024, 05:54:51 PMI've wondered myself if the temporary theme change turned off/deterred a lot of the P13-like posters. 

Then why change it back?

I'm fine with the new look myself.

MATraveler128

I miss the old theme. Still not used to some of the changes on the default one.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

vdeane

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 06, 2024, 04:33:06 PMI absolutely despise it, and I've had some users tell me they have been using the forum less or not at all because of it.
That explains why forum checks have taken a LOT less time over the last few weeks.  I'm actually not looking forward to the idea of the forum going back to taking 3-4 hours/day of my time...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.