News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recurring concurrencies

Started by TheStranger, December 24, 2009, 12:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Quote from: golden eagle on August 07, 2010, 01:12:40 AM
U.S. 80 duplexes with I-20 twice in Mississippi: from Clinton to Vicksburg and in the Meridian area.

Actually 80 is duplexed with I-20 from Clinton MS to near Tallulah, LA
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

SSOWorld

I-39 and US 51. practically are on top of each other.  They run concurrent from Bloomington to Beloit (where 51 jumps off and goes through Beloit and Janesville while 39 follows 20 to 90 up to Portage bypassing the cities.  51 breifly joins 39/90 from Ellsworth to Stoughton, then rejoins 39 at Portage for the rest of the way up to Wausau.

I-43 and WIS 32 have two concurrencies in Wisconsin.  First is from Brown Deer to CTH V (Exit 93) where 32 veers off NE to Port Washington as a "business route" of sort.  It rejoins at CTH HH (Exit 100) north of Port Washington and gets off at Cedar Grove (south of Sheboygan)

WIS 32 and WIS 57 also have two concurrencies (the first being on I-43 and the second further north - from Keil to De Pere (south of Green Bay)

US 12 and US 20 from Bellwood, IL to East Chicago, IN (they go under the Skyway) in Gary IN.

I-94 and US 41 from Milwaukee to Waukegan (IL) and briefly on the Edens Expwy from Northbrook to Glenview.  The first concurrency was extended from the Milwaukee/Racine county line to Miller Park after the stadium was built.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

ctsignguy

US 6 and 44 have at least 3 concurrencies I am aware of...

Pretty much unsigned as US 44 joins up with I-84/US 6 in downtown Hartford while crossing the Connecticut River where 44 jumps back off to wander through E Hartford...rejoins US 6 at Manchester Main St exit on I-84 (US 6 joins up this time)...they split east of Manchester just beyond the end of I-384 (Bolton)

US 44 rejoins US 6 on I-295's Exit 2 in Providence RI, then they part at Exit 4 as 44 heads east to Plymouth Harbor MA...
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

US71

Are these recurring in the same state?

Separate states, there's US 67 along I-30 between Dallas & Saltillo, Texas; also along I-30 in Arkansas from Benton to I-40 in North Little Rock.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Rover_0

Well, this one came to me, but I-15/US-89 along the Wasatch Front have just 2 of these; the first from Lehi to State St. in Salt Lake County, the other, from North Salt Lake to Farmington.  I could've swore that there were more.
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

Greybear

Quote from: US71 on August 07, 2010, 11:01:27 AM
Are these recurring in the same state?

Separate states, there's US 67 along I-30 between Dallas & Saltillo, Texas; also along I-30 in Arkansas from Benton to I-40 in North Little Rock.

It's actually Weaver, not Saltillo.

dfilpus

US 1, US 15, US 501 multiplex twice in NC: Sanford NC and Aberdeen NC.

mukade

Quote from: Master son on August 07, 2010, 07:43:16 AM
I-94 and US 41 from Milwaukee to Waukegan (IL) and briefly on the Edens Expwy from Northbrook to Glenview.  The first concurrency was extended from the Milwaukee/Racine county line to Miller Park after the stadium was built.

I-94 and US 41 also runs concurrently from Calumet Avenue to Indianapolis Blvd. on the Borman Expressway in Indiana.

prenatt1166

US 6 and US 20 have three concurrencies in Ohio--two separate segments in Cleveland and along the bypass around Freemont.

US 6 and US 322 also run concurrent in Cleveland, OH as well as in western PA between Conneaut Lake and Meadville.

huskeroadgeek

US 6 and US 34 have 3 separate concurrencies: from E. of Wiggins to W. of Ft. Morgan in Colorado(along with I-76), from W. of Culbertson to Hastings in Nebraska, and from Sheffield to Princeton in Illinois.

Brandon

US-41 and M-26 are concurrent twice in the UP.  Once across the Portage Lake Lift Bridge, then from Larium to Pheonix.  Then M-26 ends at US-41 in Copper Harbor.

US-6 and IL-7 are never truely concurrent, but meet and bounce a couple of times.  IL-7 starts at US-6 in Rockdale, then bounces with US-6 in Orland Park.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

SEWIGuy

US-61 and US-63 between Red Wing and Lake City, MN...and then again along I-55 northwest of Memphis.

About 750 miles apart.

74/171FAN

US 74 and US 76 multiplex from Whiteville, NC to Wilmington split for a short time there and then get back together before splitting at Wrightsville Beach.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

TheStranger

Quote from: 74/171FAN on August 09, 2010, 04:40:54 PM
US 74 and US 76 multiplex from Whiteville, NC to Wilmington split for a short time there and then get back together before splitting at Wrightsville Beach.

For that matter, when US 74 took over the old US 19A near the Great Smoky Mountains (which occurred ca. 1987), this created three concurrencies for US 74 and US 19: the first through the Nantahala National Forest, the second from Lake Junaluska to Clyde, and the third from I-40 Exit 44 in Enka to the I-240/I-26 junction.

This might be the most concurrencies worldwide of any two roads signed for perpendicular cardinal directions, along with I-85 and US 70!  (85 and 70 run together from I-85 Exit 82 north of Spencer to Exit 87 in Lexington, I-85 Exit 118 to Exit 120B in Greensboro, and I-85 Exit 170 to Exit 178 in Durham)
Chris Sampang

Quillz

Might have already been mentioned, but I-25 and US-87 are concurrent through all of Colorado, and I-70 and US-6 have many concurrences throughout the state, as well. I believe in both cases, the US routes are no longer officially signed, at least in places.

TheStranger

Quote from: Quillz on August 31, 2010, 01:00:35 PM
Might have already been mentioned, but I-25 and US-87 are concurrent through all of Colorado, and I-70 and US-6 have many concurrences throughout the state, as well. I believe in both cases, the US routes are no longer officially signed, at least in places.

US 6 and I-70:

1. Green River, UT to Grand Junction, CO
2. Grand Junction, CO to Dillon, CO
3. I-70 Exit 216 to I-70 Exit 244
4. I-25/I-70 junction in Denver to US 85 (Vasquez Boulevard)

US 87 and I-25:
1. Raton, NM to Colorado Springs
2. Colorado Springs to Buffalo, WY (at I-90)

Is 25/87 the longest concurrency in the US?  (Albeit, not the longest signed one)
Chris Sampang

corco

Quote2. Colorado Springs to Buffalo, WY (at I-90)

Nope-the whole US-87 follows interstates the whole way through Wyoming myth is a weird one that somehow developed that I will perpetually try to nip in the butt.  US-87 follows 20/26 from Casper to Glenrock, deviating from I-25, so the concurrency is only Glenrock to Raton- which is up there, but not as long as US-85 from Fountain, Colorado to Las Cruces with I-25. It also leaves I-90 from just north of Buffalo to Sheridan, but that's another taco.

East of Casper

East of Glenrock

TheStranger

Quote from: corco on August 31, 2010, 01:46:10 PM
Quote2. Colorado Springs to Buffalo, WY (at I-90)

Nope- US-87 follows 20/26 from Casper to Glenrock, deviating from I-25, so the concurrency is only Glenrock to Raton-

Thanks!  Google Maps seems to show it being on 25 a lot more than it actually is, particularly in Wyoming.
Chris Sampang

corco

QuoteThanks!  Google Maps seems to show it being on 25 a lot more than it actually is, particularly in Wyoming.

Yeah- the routing within Wyoming of US-87 is really complicated- too complicated for Google. I've shown them massive amounts of photographic evidence (including their own street view images!) to get them to change it (where it splits from I-90 too), but thus far they have not. Given that ~nobody navigates by US-87 anymore, I can't imagine it's high on their priority list.

Quillz

California has the infamous wrong-way concurrency of I-80 and I-580. And then there are many implied concurrences with US-101 and CA-1. In almost all cases, you'll find the latter isn't signed but its mileage continues to increase, as opposed to a route, such as CA-65, that has two segments with officially defined start and end points. Around Ventura, for example, CA-1 appears to terminate onto US-101, but in fact it has a concurrency for a few miles. Then the two come together again and break off north of the Point Conception bend, yet in between that implied concurrency isn't signed in any way.

TheStranger

Quote from: Quillz on August 31, 2010, 01:56:08 PM
California has the infamous wrong-way concurrency of I-80 and I-580. And then there are many implied concurrences with US-101 and CA-1. In almost all cases, you'll find the latter isn't signed but its mileage continues to increase, as opposed to a route, such as CA-65, that has two segments with officially defined start and end points. Around Ventura, for example, CA-1 appears to terminate onto US-101, but in fact it has a concurrency for a few miles. Then the two come together again and break off north of the Point Conception bend, yet in between that implied concurrency isn't signed in any way.

I actually mentioned 1/101 on the very first post of this thread:
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=2152.msg48083#msg48083

They have four concurrencies:

- Exit 62B in Ventura northwest to the "Pacific Coast Highway" exit approximately mile marker 7

- Exit 78 northwest to Exit 132 in Gaviota via Santa Barbara

- Exit 191A in Pismo Beach to milemarker 204 in San Luis Obispo

- San Francisco Presidio north across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito/Marin City
Chris Sampang

yakra

Quote from: TheStranger on August 09, 2010, 05:17:36 PMFor that matter, when US 74 took over the old US 19A near the Great Smoky Mountains (which occurred ca. 1987), this created three concurrencies for US 74 and US 19: the first through the Nantahala National Forest, the second from Lake Junaluska to Clyde, and the third from I-40 Exit 44 in Enka to the I-240/I-26 junction.

This might be the most concurrencies worldwide of any two roads signed for perpendicular cardinal directions, along with I-85 and US 70!  (85 and 70 run together from I-85 Exit 82 north of Spencer to Exit 87 in Lexington, I-85 Exit 118 to Exit 120B in Greensboro, and I-85 Exit 170 to Exit 178 in Durham)

US1 & ME9 also have three separate multiplexes. One in Wells and another from Scarborough to South Portland. These two, 9 East = 1 North. The last `plex is from Baileyville to Calais, where 9 East = 1 South
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.