AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

on: Today at 09:01:22 AM 
Started by Roadgeekteen - Last post by 7/8
I don't have Word on this laptop, so had to do screenshot, save as a pdf, then pdf to jpeg.

No worries, just a flag joke I couldn't pass up! :)

Do you have Paint? That's my program of choice for these games.

on: Today at 08:54:33 AM 
Started by Tom89t - Last post by roadman65
Hereís an oddity in Northern CA.

Usually Caltrans has only one near side signal head side mounted. Iím guessing this is to comply with the MUTCD with one head per lane and being the curve is here the mast arm in the front ( which is now compatible) would not work well in the location of the post intersection mast arm ( that BTW was the typical California installation before the latest.) as seen in the distance.

on: Today at 08:50:58 AM 
Started by BigMattFromTexas - Last post by Stephane Dumas
Now then the Leafs are gone to the golf country club, they have now the longest drought in the NHL surpassing the long drought of the NY Rangers (1940-1994). One poster from Skyscraperpage wondered if Harold Ballard still pull the strings from his tombstone? https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9625456&postcount=4726

Btw, Calgary eleminated Dallas, so that mean we'll have a new Battle of Alberta.  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
http://battleofalberta.blogspot.com

on: Today at 08:46:47 AM 
Started by mass_citizen - Last post by roadman65
This No U Tuen sign is odd.

Is this Caltrans normal?

on: Today at 08:45:50 AM 
Started by corco - Last post by jp the roadgeek
I remember listening to Matt Young (he who could not throw overhand to first base), then of the Red Sox, pitch a game against the then Cleveland Indians  :rolleyes: in which he gave up no hits over 8 innings and lost 2-1 in the front end of a doubleheader.  Two walks and an error led to the Indians runs very early on, and the rest of the game was so frustrating listening to the Red Sox unable to do anything to tie the game (but then again, itís something Iíd expect to see out of this yearís team).  I did witness a minor league perfect game, but it wouldnít count in the majors because it was also part of a doubleheader and therefore the game was only 7 innings. 

on: Today at 08:38:39 AM 
Started by KCRoadFan - Last post by Flint1979
Michigan's most common street names are Maple, Park, Lake, Pine, Oak, Cedar, 2nd, Lakeview, 1st, Birch. There are over 400 streets in Michigan named Maple though.

on: Today at 08:22:27 AM 
Started by Roadgeekteen - Last post by jon12791
I don't have Word on this laptop, so had to do screenshot, save as a pdf, then pdf to jpeg.

30 mph is also incorrect

on: Today at 08:16:00 AM 
Started by corco - Last post by Flint1979
Somehow the Reds managed to lose a game today whilst throwing a no-hitter. That is bizarre.

That was only the 6th time in baseball history it's happened.

I went to my last game at Old Comiskey Park in 1990. Two days later, the Sox beat the Yankees 4-0, getting no-hit, scoring their runs on three walks and two errors.
I remember that game well. Andy Hawkins was the pitcher for the Yankees. It was a 0-0 game going into the bottom of the 8th inning and I remember one of the Sox hitters reaching on an error, then I believe a walk followed, and another walk followed that loading the bases. Then Robin Ventura hits a flyball to left field and Jim Leyritz bobbles it making an error, the bases clear and Ventura ends up on 2nd. The very next hitter in the Sox lineup I think it was Ivan Calderon hit a flyball to right field and the same thing, an error and Calderon ends up on 2nd base with Ventura scoring the game was 4-0 at that point. One of the strangest games I have ever attended in person.

on: Today at 08:01:19 AM 
Started by Roadgeekteen - Last post by 7/8

White ensign of Google Street View :-P

As for my guess, 30 mph?

on: Today at 07:49:31 AM 
Started by wriddle082 - Last post by BlueOutback7
Is it Clark County 215 in Las Vegas?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.