News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

XNA Access Road Public Meeting

Started by MikieTimT, October 19, 2021, 09:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikieTimT

They have come up with the preferred alternative for a freeway access to XNA to the Springdale Bypass (AR-612).

https://xnaaccess.transportationplanroom.com/

edwaleni

Quote from: MikieTimT on October 19, 2021, 09:14:26 AM
They have come up with the preferred alternative for a freeway access to XNA to the Springdale Bypass (AR-612).

I am surprised they didn't show the planned ROW for the Springdale Bypass all the way to US-412 near Tontitown.

Thanks for posting this!

SkyPesos

Will this connect to the proposed Enid-Tulsa-Springdale interstate at one end?

MikieTimT

Quote from: SkyPesos on October 19, 2021, 01:04:29 PM
Will this connect to the proposed Enid-Tulsa-Springdale interstate at one end?

Yes.  At the point it makes the bend southward to connect to the existing divided highway west of Tontitown.  Who knows how they do limited access for that part at this point, but at least it'll be connected to something that isn't a twisty 2-lane.

MikieTimT

Quote from: edwaleni on October 19, 2021, 11:40:34 AM
Quote from: MikieTimT on October 19, 2021, 09:14:26 AM

I am surprised they didn't show the planned ROW for the Springdale Bypass all the way to US-412 near Tontitown.

Thanks for posting this!

You're welcome!  The planned ROW for the western segment of AR-612 pretty much continues straight south until almost to US-412, where it bends westerly toward the old AR-68 intersection to tie into the existing divided US-412.

The Ghostbuster

Maybe this Access Road could be numbered AR 512, since it will directly connect with AR 612 (future US 412), and the AR 112 and 312 designations are already in existence.

SkyPesos

MikieTimT

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on October 19, 2021, 05:19:39 PM
Maybe this Access Road could be numbered AR 512, since it will directly connect with AR 612 (future US 412), and the AR 112 and 312 designations are already in existence.

It probably depends on how it fits in with the North-South Connector they are studying for connecting the bend in the Bella Vista Bypass that just completed with AR-612.
https://wnsconnector.blob.core.windows.net/uploads/e02e8979-341e-45c9-b4f2-363bc8f033f2-20210829_WNS_VPM_Presentation.pdf

If they run it on the east side of XNA along Regional Ave., then it ties right into the bends in both bypasses and becomes part of the larger N/S connection.  If it turns out to just go from the bend in AR-612 to the end of Regional Ave., then if it's like most state maintained airport accesses in AR, it'll be AR-980.

Road Hog

I-39

Quote from: MikieTimT on October 19, 2021, 05:37:27 PM

It probably depends on how it fits in with the North-South Connector they are studying for connecting the bend in the Bella Vista Bypass that just completed with AR-612.
https://wnsconnector.blob.core.windows.net/uploads/e02e8979-341e-45c9-b4f2-363bc8f033f2-20210829_WNS_VPM_Presentation.pdf

If they run it on the east side of XNA along Regional Ave., then it ties right into the bends in both bypasses and becomes part of the larger N/S connection.  If it turns out to just go from the bend in AR-612 to the end of Regional Ave., then if it's like most state maintained airport accesses in AR, it'll be AR-980.

Why do they need a N/S highway from the Bella Vista bypass to US 412?

mvak36

Thanks for mentioning the N/S connector. I'd forgotten about that. Depending on if they build it as a freeway and whatever alignment they choose, I think they should number it as a 3di of the the Tulsa-NWA interstate. If they choose the Pink Alternative (#2) then the airport connector and the N/S connector could probably be one 3di. If they choose the green one (Alternative 3), then they can have two 3di's.

FWIW I like that I-50 number (and your I-50 Arkansas shield) for that Tulsa-NWA route.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

MikieTimT

Quote from: mvak36 on October 20, 2021, 12:03:39 AM

Thanks for mentioning the N/S connector. I'd forgotten about that. Depending on if they build it as a freeway and whatever alignment they choose, I think they should number it as a 3di of the the Tulsa-NWA interstate. If they choose the Pink Alternative (#2) then the airport connector and the N/S connector could probably be one 3di. If they choose the green one (Alternative 3), then they can have two 3di's.

FWIW I like that I-50 number (and your I-50 Arkansas shield) for that Tulsa-NWA route.

The Pink Alignment (#2) on the N/S Connector in conjunction with this access road just screams the northern 1/2 of the NWA Western Beltway that was studied a decade ago (http://www.nwarpc.org/pdf/Federal%20Review/Western_Beltway_FinalReport.pdf).  Most of the cities in NWA regardless of size annexed property in that direction as Beaver Lake/White River limits growth somewhat on the eastern side of the area except along and past the river/lake crossings on the E/W corridors.  The growth estimates of that study a decade ago were pretty accurate, and the growth shows no signs of slowing.

Thanks for the appreciation for the shield.  I can't think of any more fitting initial location for an I-50 as there really aren't any other HPC's that run for a longer distance that would warrant priority in my eyes.  Besides, there's plenty of room between US-412 and I-70 up in Missouri for an eventual I-60.  I think states have long gotten past the whole "can't have an Interstate number conflict with a US/State number" mentality in most DOTs.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.