News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Radar speed detectors

Started by tolbs17, March 07, 2022, 02:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Matté

Quote from: ozarkman417 on March 07, 2022, 11:58:53 PM
There is a national battlefield around where I live that has one of these signs, permanently. Its speed limit is 25, and rightfully so, as deer, pedestrians, and horseback riders cross the road often. I occasionally go for runs at the old battlefield, and sometimes attempt to sprint by the sign as fast as I can. My record is 16MPH. The road along which the sign is installed has a walk/bike lane, on the right side directly adjacent to the radar.

I've been on my bicycle passing one of these on a downhill stretch into a little borough, hit 32 or so in a 25.

Anyhoo, these things are so common around me that when I opened up the top post and saw what he's talking about, I thought to myself "That's all? They must not have a lot of these in NC."

US 89

Yeah, I've seen probably hundreds of the little "YOUR SPEED" signs across the US. I don't even think twice about them, beyond maybe slowing down a bit if I feel like I need to.

The most memorable one I can think of is the one on Victory Rd in Salt Lake City as you're heading up towards the Capitol. For years, it almost never worked and would simply display either "99" or "00" regardless of how fast you were going or even whether there was a car there at all. Eventually they just replaced the whole thing.

Vocalicacorn187

In Ontario you will see these signs all over the place. We only recently got photo-radar again here. They are only in school zones, and they are well signed, so you should not be speeding through them unless you are inept.

behogie230

These are newly approved by PennDOT and we've bought a few to put up on our roads. They seem to do a good job of reducing speeds. The devices log speed and volume but just for engineering purposes, nothing to do with police. Radar speed enforcement is not legal here.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.