News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

"Exit A" and "Exit B" in Roswell, N.M.

Started by Kniwt, August 23, 2010, 04:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kniwt

From July 2010, an interchange that appears to be full of sign fail.

This is U.S. 70 west at U.S. 285 on the north side of Roswell. The one and only exit isn't numbered, but it has two ramps labeled "Exit A" and "Exit B." Shields of different sizes, different fonts for the "285," a control city of "THRU TRAFFIC," extra space on the "Exit A" tab, one exit-only arrow and one without, and no business-loop or bypass designation.

agentsteel53

standards compliance is inversely proportional to a state's being New Mexico.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

KEK Inc.

My eyes are bleeding! 

Eh, I've seen worse by Caltrans.  At least New Mexico had the balls to replace the entire sign. 
Take the road less traveled.

Scott5114

The Exit A/B is pretty cool, but otherwise that sign is a piece of crap.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

mightyace

It may be that the aliens goofed when translating the MUTCD!  :jumping: :jumping:
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

WillWeaverRVA

Did the South Jersey Transportation Authority spend a few weeks in New Mexico?
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

US71

Quote from: Kniwt on August 23, 2010, 04:54:49 PM
From July 2010, an interchange that appears to be full of sign fail.

This is U.S. 70 west at U.S. 285 on the north side of Roswell. The one and only exit isn't numbered, but it has two ramps labeled "Exit A" and "Exit B." Shields of different sizes, different fonts for the "285," a control city of "THRU TRAFFIC," extra space on the "Exit A" tab, one exit-only arrow and one without, and no business-loop or bypass designation.

The 70 shield is also smaller scale. I was in Roswell about 10 years ago, but have never had an opportunity to go back.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

rickmastfan67

PAHighways

Sykotyk

US422 seems to be a culprit.

Old PA60 (now I-376) had E and W exits for US422 on the northwest side of New Castle.

PAHighways

US 40 has them at the PA Turnpike 43/PA 88 cloverleaf.

Scott5114

I-444 used to have A-B-C-D exits (formerly 94A-D and 96A-B). See http://www.tulok.net/s3.html for details.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

BigMattFromTexas

IMHO, that entire sign looks like rolled up bulls*** set on fire and then thrown at a blank sign. But that's just me......
BigMatt

Quillz

Quote from: KEK Inc. on August 23, 2010, 06:10:05 PM
My eyes are bleeding! 

Eh, I've seen worse by Caltrans.  At least New Mexico had the balls to replace the entire sign. 
some of the caltrans signs around here could induce nightmares.

When making signs like this one in Roswell, do they not notice that shield sizes don't match up, or that various fonts are being used?

HighwayMaster

Life is too short not to have Tim Hortons donuts.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

HighwayMaster

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

PAHighways

Quote from: HighwayMaster on June 10, 2011, 07:07:18 PMThere's also A and B off of you-know-what/US-220 near US-322 in State College.

All of the interchanges on I-99/US 220 have exit numbers with US 322 being Exit 73, and the closest A-B interchange is Exit 78A-B for PA 150.

HighwayMaster

Quote from: PAHighways on June 11, 2011, 10:53:45 AM
Quote from: HighwayMaster on June 10, 2011, 07:07:18 PMThere's also A and B off of you-know-what/US-220 near US-322 in State College.

All of the interchanges on I-99/US 220 have exit numbers with US 322 being Exit 73, and the closest A-B interchange is Exit 78A-B for PA 150.

Actually, I'm talking about Park Avenue near the 99-220/322 interchange. There's A and B on that road, last time I remember.

Alps

Oh, my upcoming PA update will have a bunch of As and Bs. There are two sets on the western US 422, even.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.