Help Planning Road Meets in NYC and San Diego

Started by deisnor, August 25, 2009, 01:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deisnor

Hi Guys, anyone in NYC or San Diego that wants to help in some organizing to make a road meet happen?

Alps

NJ will be having a meet in 2010 or 2011 depending on the Turnpike construction schedule.  I'm to understand that significant work on the widening starts next spring... I don't think there's enough time left this fall.  There are a few problems with an NYC meet... getting people to a meet place that has parking... getting around with all the traffic... and there isn't anything interesting going on there.  There should be some interchange rebuilds not too far down the road, as a lot of them date to the 1950's/early 1960's and their age is starting to show.

(The East Coast meet formula has been pretty well figured out at this point - get together for lunch, see something new, see something old/interesting, see something relatively new, come back, someone suggests something, half the people head out again.)

agentsteel53

I think the closest parking spot to NYC that is available is in Binghamton.  Wait, no, it is gone.  Never mind.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Dougtone

That must've been why I had to park in Corning after work, since all the parking spaces in front of my home near Binghamton were filled up.

Alps

I sometimes park in Binghamton if my apartment complex doesn't have a spot right in front of the steps.

DanTheMan414

Actually, I'm pretty sure I've seen you park in Waterloo because it's been bad in Corning, too. :P

deisnor

:) I think we're settling for a small convoy in NYC focusing on mostly the old. Maybe we'll end up in Waterloo and grab your parking spot.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.