News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Alps' Roads UPDATE!

Started by Alps, August 29, 2009, 04:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Frankenstein

vdeane

That backyard rail... wow...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Dr Frankenstein

Quote from: deanej on January 29, 2013, 11:32:52 AM
I heard about it but this beats my imagination. Mainline signals and crossing signals and cat eyes and wigwags and a freakin' STATION! *foam*

Alps

Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on January 29, 2013, 10:51:53 AM
Most links on http://www.alpsroads.net/roads/vt/bridges/ are broken.
Fixed.
Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on January 29, 2013, 02:24:51 PM
Quote from: deanej on January 29, 2013, 11:32:52 AM
I heard about it but this beats my imagination. Mainline signals and crossing signals and cat eyes and wigwags and a freakin' STATION! *foam*
You're welcome.

agentsteel53

where is this sign?

that looks to be a 1950s shield, similar to this.

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

Quote from: agentsteel53 on January 29, 2013, 07:00:34 PM
where is this sign?

No idea, it was a submitted photo and I've never come across it. I did find a 1950's 11/12 pair on my NH 11 page.

agentsteel53

is that 11/12 a 16 or 18 inch set?  wow.

that looks to be one generation later than the 103/11.  the 103 and 11 are wood and have a square blank, with squared off corners - while the black border has rounded corners.

upon closer inspection, that 4 seems to be the same style as the 11 and 12, not the 103 and 11. 

jake@aaroads.com

kphoger

Or it's not even a route shield at all..  :-D
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Alps

Speaking of UPDATE!

1,500 more photos have made their debut in Kentucky, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, with supporting cast in Indiana, Michigan, and a bit of Illinois. Highlights include the Bridges of Minneapolis, 10/1/11 Wausau Road Meet and US 10 (WI) construction, Cedarburg Covered Bridge (last authentic one in WI), I-69 construction near Evansville, and all sorts of Kentucky and Illinois truss bridges. As always, comments, corrections, information, submissions, etc. are appreciated.

http://www.alpsroads.net/roads

Dougtone

Quote from: Steve on January 29, 2013, 07:27:14 PM
Quote from: agentsteel53 on January 29, 2013, 07:00:34 PM
where is this sign?

No idea, it was a submitted photo and I've never come across it. I did find a 1950's 11/12 pair on my NH 11 page.

It's on NH 4 eastbound/northbound in Dover, New Hampshire.  I took this photo back in June 2003.

hbelkins

This is how it looked in October 2009:

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

NE2

Looks like that's 4 Truck, not NH 4 proper, per signage visible on the Goog.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alps

Quote from: NE2 on February 17, 2013, 10:59:58 PM
Looks like that's 4 Truck, not NH 4 proper, per signage visible on the Goog.
That would explain why I've never found it.

hbelkins

When I drove it, it was mainline NH 4.

agentsteel53

jake@aaroads.com

NE2

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

hbelkins

NE2

Alps

Top o' th' evenin' to ye! You're in luck - we're at the end of the rainbow, and there's a pot o' UPDATE to be had. Do you like bridges? Do you like button copy? I have more of each than you can shake a shillelagh at! (Don't shake your shillelagh in public.)

WV: Two Lick Run and Hutchinson Bridges (US 19), National Road bridge (US 40), Potomac River bridge and construction (US 220), Philippi Covered Bridge (US 250), Buckhannon (Upshur SR 13), Dents Run Covered Bridge (Monongalia SR 39), Million Dollar Bridge
OH: Beach Rd. Bridge, Lane Ave. Bridge, National Road "S" Bridge (old US 40), Zanesville "Y" Bridge (US 40) - oh, yeah, and all that BUTTON COPY!!

www.alpsroads.net/roads

I'm off to drink green beer and stick some bangers in some mash. Erin go roads! Comments, corrections, etc. welcomed... after the weekend.

Roadmaestro95

Hey Steve! Been looking at some New York pages and there were some broken links within some of the county route pages and such. Also, the I-270 Clockwise page is two pages in one, so just letting you know about it!
Hope everyone is safe!

Alps

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on March 19, 2013, 04:59:43 PM
Hey Steve! Been looking at some New York pages and there were some broken links within some of the county route pages and such. Also, the I-270 Clockwise page is two pages in one, so just letting you know about it!
Got the I-270 link fixed. I have a ton of NY county route pages, so can you point me where you found the broken links? Thanks!

Roadmaestro95

It's Suffolk CR-21 (goes to a Columbia CR-21) and Suffolk CR-13 (goes to Cattaragus CR-13) {there's probably another one, but I really don't feel like finding it right now}.
Hope everyone is safe!

Alps

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on March 19, 2013, 10:20:19 PM
It's Suffolk CR-21 (goes to a Columbia CR-21) and Suffolk CR-13 (goes to Cattaragus CR-13) {there's probably another one, but I really don't feel like finding it right now}.
Oh, you mean on the main index page itself (and yes, the Suffolk page). Got it. That should be all of it.

Alps

After six weeks of slogging through the Southeast... You know what? This is a boring update.

Okay, here are some of the highlights:

FL: Jacksonville bridges, Miami construction (FL 826, I-595), I-95 widening
GA: Truman Parkway extension
DC: Key Bridge from a unique perspective
SC: I-26 button copy surprise
NC: Construction on I-485, I-295, I-73, I-840, Yadkin River bridges (I-85, US 29). Also proof that Charlotte City Route 4 is thoroughly signed, and a SPECIAL FEATURE: old signs at the State Transportation Museum!

http://www.alpsroads.net/roads Comments, corrections, submissions, etc. always welcome.

vdeane

Note to self: visit North Carolina State Transportation Museum
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.