600 cars a day on AR 530?

Started by bugo, June 14, 2012, 07:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

http://www.arkansashighways.com/planning_research/technical_services/TrafficCountyMaps/2011ADT/counties/DREW.pdf

That can't be right.  It connects nothing with nothing.  When it is eventually I-530 it will have a lot of traffic but I don't see it carrying 600 cars a day.

FLRoads

Maybe they added an extra zero to justify its current existence!! haha

Seriously though, I am sort of curious about that figure count because when we rode on it a couple of months ago we seen a total of four vehicles, besides ourselves, on the entire length. Granted it was the middle of a weekday but still. The only way I see the count being what the county says it is, is if it is used more in the morning and the afternoon for commuters that travel between Monticello and points northwest who do not wish to use Arkansas 35 for whatever reason.

NE2

Quote from: flaroads on June 15, 2012, 10:12:41 AM
Seriously though, I am sort of curious about that figure count because when we rode on it a couple of months ago we seen a total of four vehicles, besides ourselves, on the entire length.
Assuming a conservative 10 minutes to drive the entire length, 5 vehicles in 10 minutes is 720 per day (of course making other assumptions).
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alps

600 vpd is nothing. 6000 would indicate regular use for a 2-lane road. Anything under 1,000 is not worth considering - I believe the MUTCD definition of a "low-volume road" is somewhere in this range.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.