News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Tropical Smoothie Cafe to open a Town Center location

Started by kevinb1994, January 27, 2020, 05:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

Our local business news source the Jax Daily Record broke the news that there will be a Tropical Smoothie Cafe at the Town Center. No word yet on a opening date. There are already a bunch of locations in the area but just one or two that's close enough to here.
https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/restaurant-notes-tropical-smoothie-to-gateway-village-midtown-table-prati-italia-open

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Road Hog

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

MNHighwayMan

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

ozarkman417

It was bold to assume that people were even going to use a comment section on a local newspaper site. None of the "Top 20 of 2020" articles (there's six of them) have comments on them.

Max Rockatansky

Smoothie Cafes have popped up everywhere which I've always found odd considering they are incredibly easy to make at home with a good blender. 

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 28, 2020, 07:16:00 PM
Smoothie Cafes have popped up everywhere which I've always found odd considering they are incredibly easy to make at home with a good blender.

They will always exist so long as making someone else do something for you is easier than doing it yourself. Which, until Star Trek-style replicators are invented, will always be the case.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on January 28, 2020, 07:21:36 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 28, 2020, 07:16:00 PM

They will always exist so long as making someone else do something for you is easier than doing it yourself. Which, until Star Trek-style replicators are invented, will always be the case.

But they weren't very widespread until recently.  I just noticed Baja Fresh was in cahoots with Planet Smoothie the other day when I stopped in for a burrito.  It seems like the Smoothie thing is almost just a healthy fad that might not have large scale staying power.

kevinb1994

Quote from: ozarkman417 on January 28, 2020, 06:25:49 PM
It was bold to assume that people were even going to use a comment section on a local newspaper site. None of the "Top 20 of 2020" articles (there's six of them) have comments on them.
Way to riff on our city nickname. They're probably gonna send a boatload of lawyers after you now. /joking

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.