News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Hey there

Started by jwolfer, November 02, 2010, 02:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwolfer

I started on my roadgeek saga as a little boy.  My mom would cut open paper grocery bags and draw roads for my matchbox cars to keep me occupied while she looked after my brother who is 14 months younger. From the earliest age I remember being interested in highways, licence plates etc.  I grew up on the Jersey Shore but my mom was from North Florida(Jacksonville and Gainesville)

In my 40 years I have probably driven the route from NJ to FL 100 times.  The hightlight was always the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel.  I remember having to exit I-95 for 301 and 17 through GA and the Carolinas.  I have vivid memories of seeing JUNCTION spelled out on GA's signs before I knew the word.  I remember Florida tags with the county codes which were phased out when I was 5 years old. 

Nice to to know I am not alone in my roadgeekieness.  Thankfully my wife appreciates my hobby and will indulge me when i go out of the way to drive a new stretch of road  and she spend summers driving to from FL to IN with here Grandmother. Now I am a Chiropractor, I traded roads for nerves and bones..

BigMattFromTexas

Howdy, from West-Central Texas. This seems like me and my family living in Iowa.. I've rode (not driven..) I-35 to Northern Iowa so many times... I still enjoy the Kansas Turnpike.. Nice road.
BigMatt

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.