News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

I-485

Started by 74/171FAN, July 16, 2009, 11:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

Mileage Mike

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on June 05, 2015, 08:54:24 PM
Quote from: Cemajr on June 05, 2015, 04:14:10 PM
Just got back from checking it out in both directions.  Interesting note is that on 485 Inner approaching 85 they have Charlotte/Greensboro listed as control cities but it changes to Spartanburg/Greensboro as you get closer.

Do you have exit numbers for the new exits along I-485?  Want to update OSM with that info.

Exit 23A - I-77S Charlotte
Exit 23B - I-77N Statesville
Exit 23C - NC 115 Huntersville
Exit 26 - Prosperity Ridge Rd, Prosperity Church Rd, Benfield Rd
Exit 28 - Mallard Creek Rd
Exit 30 - I-85 Greensboro/Spartanburg

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Cemajr on June 06, 2015, 01:19:51 PM
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on June 05, 2015, 08:54:24 PM
Quote from: Cemajr on June 05, 2015, 04:14:10 PM
Just got back from checking it out in both directions.  Interesting note is that on 485 Inner approaching 85 they have Charlotte/Greensboro listed as control cities but it changes to Spartanburg/Greensboro as you get closer.

Do you have exit numbers for the new exits along I-485?  Want to update OSM with that info.

Exit 23A - I-77S Charlotte
Exit 23B - I-77N Statesville
Exit 23C - NC 115 Huntersville
Exit 26 - Prosperity Ridge Rd, Prosperity Church Rd, Benfield Rd
Exit 28 - Mallard Creek Rd
Exit 30 - I-85 Greensboro/Spartanburg

Thanks!  OSM is now fully updated for I-485 as the Mallard Creek Road interchange was the last exit number I needed (except lane counts, and that will be dealt with when Bing gets off their behinds and updates the imagery there since they still have imagery from before construction even started). :)
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/31780606

OracleUsr

I missed the part about the DDI at Mallard Creek.  Was a bit surprised by that.

I drove that last section of I-485 today and was impressed by the upgraded signage approaching the loop from I-77 at Northlake.  I was just there last weekend and didn't see any indication that the signs were going to be replaced, but they did.

NC DOT has some goofy looking gore signs at the new interchanges though.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

froggie

Quote(except lane counts, and that will be dealt with when Bing gets off their behinds and updates the imagery there since they still have imagery from before construction even started)

You could probably glean lane counts from the photos and videos that have already surfaced...

QuoteNC DOT has some goofy looking gore signs at the new interchanges though.

How so?

OracleUsr

Not many other places in North Carolina have the "EXIT ##" shoved to the left with a side right arrow.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

Henry

Here's a Google Maps update with the newly-completed section:
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.3599917,-80.78628,14z
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.