Illinois interesting bid annoucements

Started by Revive 755, June 05, 2013, 10:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash_It

Quote from: Revive 755 on December 07, 2018, 09:36:10 PM
List of projects for the January 18, 2019 Letting is up.  Of note:

* Item 93 is a "[r]ealignment and widening project on US 30 at the intersections with Harvey Rd. and Treasure Drive" in Kendall County.

* Item 113 involves a high friction surface treatment and traffic signal upgrades on Kirk Road between IL 56 and Cherry Lane in Kane County.

* Item 118 is for an intersection improvement for the Randall Road/Stearns Road intersection in Kane County.  The pay item list has signal masts arms with lengths of 78 and 80 feet.

* Item 133 involves construction of two roundabouts in Highland:  One at the Broadway/St. Rose Road intersection, and another at the Iberg Road/ Veterans Honor Parkway intersection.

* Item 143 is for modifications at 27 intersections in southern Kane County.  Appears to be a lot of signal work.

* Item 144 is for improvements to the Kirk Road/Fabyan Parkway intersection in Kane County.

* Item 151 involves reconstruction of "Prospect Avenue from Curtis Road to Windsor Rd. in the City of Champaign."

Also of note is the resurfacing of US41 from IL120 to Park Av West in Lake County after at least 2 years of filling in potholes that constantly form in between the lanes.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: Revive 755 on December 07, 2018, 09:36:10 PM
List of projects for the January 18, 2019 Letting is up.  Of note:

* Item 93 is a "[r]ealignment and widening project on US 30 at the intersections with Harvey Rd. and Treasure Drive" in Kendall County.

* Item 113 involves a high friction surface treatment and traffic signal upgrades on Kirk Road between IL 56 and Cherry Lane in Kane County.

* Item 118 is for an intersection improvement for the Randall Road/Stearns Road intersection in Kane County.  The pay item list has signal masts arms with lengths of 78 and 80 feet.

* Item 133 involves construction of two roundabouts in Highland:  One at the Broadway/St. Rose Road intersection, and another at the Iberg Road/ Veterans Honor Parkway intersection.

* Item 143 is for modifications at 27 intersections in southern Kane County.  Appears to be a lot of signal work.

* Item 144 is for improvements to the Kirk Road/Fabyan Parkway intersection in Kane County.

* Item 151 involves reconstruction of "Prospect Avenue from Curtis Road to Windsor Rd. in the City of Champaign."

Interesting that item 25 brings up the existence of IL-316:

QuoteSuperstructure replacement on SN 015-0070 carrying 900 N/IL 316 over Riley Creek Branch, 0.8 miles northwest of Loxa.

And since I'm from Oswego originally, I just put an announcement on social media that Harvey Road is going to dead-end at US30, and that you have to turn onto Treasure Drive to access the new stoplight if you want to continue northbound. (In response to item 93).
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Revive 755

Listing of projects for the March 8, 2019 Letting is up.

Highlights
* Item 1X (review and inspection only, to actually be bid in a future letting) is for a new tied arch bridge (going off of the pay item HANGER ASSEMBLIES FOR TIED ARCH SPAN) for EB IL 150 over the Illinois River, plus interchange improvements at either end of the bridge.

* Item 9:  Bridge painting around the I-55/IL 171 interchange

* Item 25:  Deck replacement for the bridges on I-55 over the BNSF Railroad and Grant creek south of the Arsenal Road interchange

* Item 33:  Repairs to one of the bridges for I-80 over the Des Plaines River

* Item 42:  "Intersection improvement and traffic signal replacement at IL 15 (Missouri Ave) and IL 163/Pocket Road in Alorton"

* Item 43:  "Traffic signal installation on IL 4 at the I-64 eastbound ramp"

* Item 101:  The US 51 intersection with Andrews Street in Macon County gets a J-turn

* Item 114:  "Sign installation on I-55 and I-72 Alternate"

* Item 125:  "Bridge structural steel repair and bearing replacement of the bridges carrying I-80 over Des Plaines River in Joliet"

*  Item 127:  "Building removals at 481 Sisinawa Avenue, East Dubuque and 11653 US 20 NW of Galena"

* Item 144:  Reconstruction of IL 19 between IL 59 and Bartlett Road

* Item 167:  The US 20 interchange with Randall Road in Elgin gets a new ramp for NB Randall to EB US 20; Weld Road gets a cul-de-sac

ilpt4u

Item 43: Is IDOT expecting more traffic at the Civilian/Commercial Terminal of BLV/Scott AFB/Mid-America Airport?

The area at that interchange is not that built up. But if IDOT wants a light...

pianocello

Quote from: ilpt4u on February 01, 2019, 08:27:24 PM
Item 43: Is IDOT expecting more traffic at the Civilian/Commercial Terminal of BLV/Scott AFB/Mid-America Airport?

I think there's a decent amount of left-turning thru traffic coming from the north. Google Maps sends travelers down IL 4 as an outer bypass of St. Louis for traffic between I-55 and I-64, presumably because it only passes through one town and doesn't go very far west. Good way to get between Springfield (and points north/west) and Mt. Vernon (and points southeast).

Quote from: Revive 755 on February 01, 2019, 07:58:32 PM
Highlights
* Item 1X (review and inspection only, to actually be bid in a future letting) is for a new tied arch bridge (going off of the pay item HANGER ASSEMBLIES FOR TIED ARCH SPAN) for EB IL 150 over the Illinois River, plus interchange improvements at either end of the bridge.

Whoa, that's interesting. I never really thought there was a big problem with the McClugage bridge, although the shoulders are kinda tight. Does anyone know what kind of interchange improvements they're planning?
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

ilpt4u

Quote from: pianocello on February 03, 2019, 01:29:22 PM

I think there's a decent amount of left-turning thru traffic coming from the north. Google Maps sends travelers down IL 4 as an outer bypass of St. Louis for traffic between I-55 and I-64, presumably because it only passes through one town and doesn't go very far west. Good way to get between Springfield (and points north/west) and Mt. Vernon (and points southeast).
I have used IL 4 between I-55 and I-64 plenty of times. The road handles the traffic. I also think the interchanges of IL 4 with I-55, I-70, and I-64 are ok without lights. Heck, Indiana style traffic circles would be better than sitting at a worthless red light, when no other traffic is around

inkyatari

Highlights

* Item 25:  Deck replacement for the bridges on I-55 over the BNSF Railroad and Grant creek south of the Arsenal Road interchange

Only 20 years too late
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Crash_It

Quote from: inkyatari on February 03, 2019, 10:04:58 PM

Highlights

Only 20 years too late

Better than not at all.

edwaleni

Quote from: Crash_It on February 04, 2019, 01:59:49 AM

Highlights

Only 20 years too late

Better than not at all.

Finally got around to it. 

Hoping that "deck replacement" means a new bridge, new pylons and wider shoulders and having both the NB and SB lanes done at the same time.  There is room between the existing structures to build this.  Then demolish the old structure.

This will keep backups from occurring in both directions.

If IDOT uses the cheap method, they will reroute all the traffic from one side to one lane on the other side until one bridge is done, then repeat the exercise on the other.

inkyatari

Quote from: edwaleni on February 04, 2019, 11:34:09 AM

Highlights

Only 20 years too late

Better than not at all.

Hoping that "deck replacement" means a new bridge, new pylons and wider shoulders and having both the NB and SB lanes done at the same time.  There is room between the existing structures to build this.  Then demolish the old structure.

If IDOT uses the cheap method, they will reroute all the traffic from one side to one lane on the other side until one bridge is done, then repeat the exercise on the other.
They built the crossovers this last summer....
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

edwaleni

Quote from: inkyatari on February 04, 2019, 12:54:46 PM

Highlights

Only 20 years too late

Better than not at all.

Yuck. Lots of backups predicted on I-55 this summer, especially on Sunday afternoons. What a mess.

ilpt4u

Quote from: edwaleni on February 04, 2019, 11:45:34 PM

Highlights

Only 20 years too late

Better than not at all.

Yuck. Lots of backups predicted on I-55 this summer, especially on Sunday afternoons. What a mess.
I-57 to I-72 (Springfield) or I-70 (St Louis or SE MO north of Sikeston)

I-80 to I-39 (Bloomington/Normal)

The signed IL 110 Route for Kansas City (or sub in I-80 for I-88 to get to Western IL and I-74)

If the backups are bad, there are freeway alternates not too far out of the way

paulthemapguy

Highlights

Bridge work?  Without closing a lane??  WHAT!??

The crazy amount of truck traffic will make the slowdown through this area very grueling.  All of them are trying to get to that Arsenal Road interchange.  Good luck to anyone trying to come in from the south, or leave to the south out of the intermodal freight facilities.  The only other legal entrance/exit is through Laraway Road to IL-53 to I-80...so I anticipate that area to get an increase in traffic as that bottleneck lies on I-55.  I wonder if passenger cars will try to use W Frontage Road/Blodgett/River Road sneaking through the Des Plaines Fish & Wildlife area.

Brandon

Quote from: paulthemapguy on February 05, 2019, 01:14:36 PM

Highlights

Bridge work?  Without closing a lane??  WHAT!??

The crazy amount of truck traffic will make the slowdown through this area very grueling.  All of them are trying to get to that Arsenal Road interchange.  Good luck to anyone trying to come in from the south, or leave to the south out of the intermodal freight facilities.  The only other legal entrance/exit is through Laraway Road to IL-53 to I-80...so I anticipate that area to get an increase in traffic as that bottleneck lies on I-55.  I wonder if passenger cars will try to use W Frontage Road/Blodgett/River Road sneaking through the Des Plaines Fish & Wildlife area.

IDOT, if they're smart (big if here), should post two alternates for I-55:
1. IL-47 to I-80
2. IL-53
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

edwaleni

Quote from: ilpt4u on February 05, 2019, 12:34:58 AM
Quote from: edwaleni on February 04, 2019, 11:45:34 PM

Highlights

Only 20 years too late

Better than not at all.

I-57 to I-72 (Springfield) or I-70 (St Louis or SE MO north of Sikeston)

I-80 to I-39 (Bloomington/Normal)

The signed IL 110 Route for Kansas City (or sub in I-80 for I-88 to get to Western IL and I-74)

If the backups are bad, there are freeway alternates not too far out of the way

The biggest issue is the backup of trucks going into the single lane as it is uphill going north.  For a redeck, IDOT will push that single lane to the limit to get things to fit.

I will probably go up I-39 at Bloomington and bypass the madness.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: Brandon on February 05, 2019, 02:20:24 PM
IDOT, if they're smart (big if here), should post two alternates for I-55:
1. IL-47 to I-80
2. IL-53

I heartily agree with both of these.  N River Road (Exit 241) is a heavily traveled truck route that lots of trucks will like to use as an alternate, but it's a county road.  IDOT will almost always post detours that use exclusively state roads, though.  I think I recall seeing the I-80/IL-47 posted as an alternate for another project on a nearby stretch of I-55 in the recent past (perhaps the Arsenal interchange or the I-55 Des Plaines bridges).

Revive 755

Quote from: paulthemapguy on February 05, 2019, 04:29:05 PM
I think I recall seeing the I-80/IL-47 posted as an alternate for another project on a nearby stretch of I-55 in the recent past (perhaps the Arsenal interchange or the I-55 Des Plaines bridges).

IL 47 and I-80 were added as a marked alternate partway through the last round of work on I-55's Des Plaines River Bridges a few years ago.

IL 53 may not work as an alternate since there are also projects for working on I-80 at the Des Plaines River on the March 2019 Letting.  Now if that supposed toll river bridge for Houbolt Road would be built one of these days . . .

paulthemapguy

Quote from: Revive 755 on February 06, 2019, 10:07:14 PM
Quote from: paulthemapguy on February 05, 2019, 04:29:05 PM
I think I recall seeing the I-80/IL-47 posted as an alternate for another project on a nearby stretch of I-55 in the recent past (perhaps the Arsenal interchange or the I-55 Des Plaines bridges).

IL 47 and I-80 were added as a marked alternate partway through the last round of work on I-55's Des Plaines River Bridges a few years ago.

IL 53 may not work as an alternate since there are also projects for working on I-80 at the Des Plaines River on the March 2019 Letting.  Now if that supposed toll river bridge for Houbolt Road would be built one of these days . . .

God, the need for that bridge from Houbolt to Laraway is intensifying.  I'm a big fan of the idea.

hobsini2

Item 014 - 6.45 miles of 3P resurfacing and ADA ramps on IL 43 from north of US 30 to just north of US 6.
    Harlem Ave is bad enough with concert traffic.
Item 021 - 6 miles of resurfacing on US 34 (Ogden Avenue) from Ivanhoe Ave to east of IL 83 (Kingery Highway in the Villages of Lisle, Downers Grove, Westmont and Clarendon Hills.
   Ugh. But glad it will be done this year.
Item 032- 7.55 miles of Resurfacing (SMART) and pedestrian ramp project on IL 64 from IL 47 to Randall Road.
   About time.
Item 124 - Resurfacing and pedestrian ramp improvements on US 14 (Northwest Highway) through the Village of Arlington Heights, Village of Mount Prospect and the city of Des Plaines
   Another one desperately needed.
Item 144 - Roadway reconstruction on Irving Park Road from east of IL 59 to Bartlett Road in Streamwood.
   Good.
Item 166 - Construct an extension of Kings Road from Rodeo Drive to Hassert Boulevard in Bollingbrook.
   Only took them a decade to FINALLY do this.

I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

ET21

Quote from: hobsini2 on February 10, 2019, 04:15:30 PM

Item 124 - Resurfacing and pedestrian ramp improvements on US 14 (Northwest Highway) through the Village of Arlington Heights, Village of Mount Prospect and the city of Des Plaines
   Another one desperately needed.

Yes it is. Pothole central from 294 to the new residential development just past the tracks, and again from Golf to points west. They are also moving a water main by the train tracks
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Revive 755

List of Projects for the April 26, 2019 Letting is up.

Highlights
* Item 1X is replacement of the EB US 150 bridge over the Illinois River
* Item 5 puts a traffic signal at the IL 57 intersection with Main Street north of I-88, along with a couple bridge replacements
* Item 13 has repairs to the Brandon Road drawbridge in Joliet
* Item 15 removes the traffic signal at the IL 53/Walter Strawn intersections near Elwood, along with other pavement removal
* Item 105 is a rebid of Kane County's flashing yellow arrow project (covering the southern portion of the county) from January
* Item 138 is intersection improvements at the 75 Street/Naper Boulevard intersection
* Item 139 is intersection improvements to the US 52/Gougar Road intersection in Mahattan
* Item 155 is intersection improvements to the Pulaski Road intersection with 183rd Street in Country Club Hills
* Item 156 reconstructs Weiland Road in Lake County from Deerfield Road to Lake Cook Road
* Item 159 reconstructs Woodfield Road in Schaumburg from Martingale Road to the east frontage road for I-290
* Item 160 reconstructs Woodfield Road in Schaumburg from Meacham Road to Martingale Road
* Item 168 reconstructs the Rodeo Drive/Kings Road intersection in Bolingbrook

edwaleni

Quote from: ilpt4u on February 03, 2019, 01:34:25 PM
Quote from: pianocello on February 03, 2019, 01:29:22 PM

I have used IL 4 between I-55 and I-64 plenty of times. The road handles the traffic. I also think the interchanges of IL 4 with I-55, I-70, and I-64 are ok without lights. Heck, Indiana style traffic circles would be better than sitting at a worthless red light, when no other traffic is around

3 gas stations, one a travel center that handles trucks.

1 new hotel and 2 apartment complexes, all on the north side of I-64.

There are quite a few coal mine workers who live south of Springfield who have been relocated to Ziegler and Prairie State. IL-4 is the most direct route.

Revive 755

List of projects for the June 14, 2019 Letting is up

Highlights

* Item 2 reconstructions and signalizes the IL 131 intersection with Kenosha Road in Beach Park

* Item 3 realigns, reconstructs and signalizes the IL 176 intersections with Mt Tabor Road and Haligus Road in Crystal Lake

* Item 79 is for temporary detour signing for a rehab of the Murray Baker Bridge on I-74 in Peoria

* Item 88 installs LED luminaires at various locations along I-74 in Henry and Knox Counties

* Item 114 is for various lighting work in District 7 (Effingham), including LED retrofits

* Item 169 is for channelization and traffic signal improvements for the IL 59 intersection with Army Trail Road

* Item 214 reconstructs and signalizes the intersection of US 12/US 20/95th Street with Museum Drive in Oak Lawn

Crash_It

Quote from: Revive 755 on May 10, 2019, 11:44:24 PM
List of projects for the June 14, 2019 Letting is up

Highlights

* Item 2 reconstructions and signalizes the IL 131 intersection with Kenosha Road in Beach Park

* Item 3 realigns, reconstructs and signalizes the IL 176 intersections with Mt Tabor Road and Haligus Road in Crystal Lake

* Item 79 is for temporary detour signing for a rehab of the Murray Baker Bridge on I-74 in Peoria

* Item 88 installs LED luminaires at various locations along I-74 in Henry and Knox Counties

* Item 114 is for various lighting work in District 7 (Effingham), including LED retrofits

* Item 169 is for channelization and traffic signal improvements for the IL 59 intersection with Army Trail Road

* Item 214 reconstructs and signalizes the intersection of US 12/US 20/95th Street with Museum Drive in Oak Lawn

I wonder what they mean by "Intermittent resurfacing projects on various state routes". It's a good thing more than likely, this looks like it will be a very aggressive resurfacing year. That will probably take the percentage of deteriorated roads from nearly 19% currently to 15%

edwaleni

Quote* Item 88 installs LED luminaires at various locations along I-74 in Henry and Knox Counties

Hopefully we will see more of these coming along in more counties and more routes.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.