News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghYHZ

Nova Scotia....right now where I am its 16C or 60F and heavy rain forecast. (but we might get somew snow next week)

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ns-17_metric_e.html?unit=imperial

We had delayed our Office Christmas Party until tomorrow for a Family Day at the local ski hill.....now little chance of that! Might even be too warm to sit around the fire place in the lodge! 

1995hoo

68°F outside and very humid. Good thing the sun's not out or it would be a total steambath. As it is, there was a fair amount of fog this morning. But by Sunday morning the windchills are supposed to be back down in the single digits.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Eth

Upper 50s here in Atlanta, but mid-30s in Chattanooga right now. That, of course, is because there's a cold front on its way, apparently roughly along the US 411 corridor at the moment. After our midnight high of 61 this morning, we'll be in the mid-20s by sunrise tomorrow with maybe some isolated flurries. Another cold weekend and cold week ahead, possibly failing to get above freezing by Wednesday.

adventurernumber1

Quote from: Eth on January 12, 2018, 03:39:38 PM
Upper 50s here in Atlanta, but mid-30s in Chattanooga right now. That, of course, is because there's a cold front on its way, apparently roughly along the US 411 corridor at the moment. After our midnight high of 61 this morning, we'll be in the mid-20s by sunrise tomorrow with maybe some isolated flurries. Another cold weekend and cold week ahead, possibly failing to get above freezing by Wednesday.

Ah yes. Being just a little bit north of you, here in Dalton, GA, I have seen the forecasts for some much colder weather moving in later tonight. I believe it was 50s here at the beginning of the day, IIRC. I do wonder if there will be any snow, even if barely anything.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Buck87

21F and snowing. Currently about 2" of snow down, but hard to tell due to drifting.

Started off raining today, then had about 10 minutes of sleet before changing over to all snow a little after noon.

KEVIN_224

New Britain, CT at 11:20 PM Eastern: 55 degrees, dew point of 54, with a Flood Warning up for Hartford County. It reached about 59 degrees this afternoon. Supposed to slam down to about 4 degrees by Monday morning. Bradley International Airport (BDL) in Windsor Locks, CT was -9 degrees already this past Sunday morning. A good deal of the snow which fell last Thursday here is now gone. Quite a bit of convection fog last night and this morning.

webny99

Yep, 18 inches last night. Despite how famous we are for lake-effect, it's nor'easter's that actually hit hardest.

Roadgeekteen

Yesterday was a lot warmer, but it was very rainy.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

1995hoo

Yesterday Dulles Airport hit a high of 70°, tying a record for that date (set last year). Five days earlier, Dulles Airport hit a low of —1°. What a weird week. I was off work yesterday and I was wearing shorts and a short-sleeved shirt around the house. As I type this, it's 34° outside (don't know what the wind chill is, but I was moving heavy stuff around so I didn't want a warm coat and I wore a fleece vest instead).

jakeroot

It was actually pretty sunny in Seattle today. The temperature gauge in my car, which is admittedly not always super accurate, was reading 61. Usually only gets that warm when there's a storm coming up from Hawaii (Pineapple Express).

Hurricane Rex

My temperature was 59 at my weather station which is 13 degrees above average. Possibly a record high but need to check.
Also: Models have a snowstorm a week from Friday but it is inaccurate that far out but can happen from time to time.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

1995hoo

Quote from: 1995hoo on January 13, 2018, 03:46:32 PM
Yesterday Dulles Airport hit a high of 70°, tying a record for that date (set last year). Five days earlier, Dulles Airport hit a low of —1°. What a weird week. I was off work yesterday and I was wearing shorts and a short-sleeved shirt around the house. As I type this, it's 34° outside (don't know what the wind chill is, but I was moving heavy stuff around so I didn't want a warm coat and I wore a fleece vest instead).

So from shorts and short sleeves Friday to a 6° windchill as of 9:30 this morning (though it didn't feel that cold when I went outside to bring in the newspaper). How weird.

Hurricane Rex

60 today which is a record high for the day. Unusual for it to be dry and record breking high in the same day in January. Rain is back tomorrow.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

ET21

First prolonged snowfall of the season, expecting 3-6 inches when done
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

MNHighwayMan

—6°F with a wind chill worthy of a NWS Wind Chill Advisory (Story County, the adjacent county to the north, is part of the Warning area), and it's somehow, on top of that, flurrying. I thought it was too cold for that...

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Eth

Mid-40s now, but soon to be falling fast. Another front rolling through, expected to bring a small amount of snow tonight (probably around an inch), but whatever does fall will probably stick around tomorrow with a "high" temperature in the upper 20s. Wind Chill Advisory to take effect at 9pm tonight for expected wind chills near zero.

wxfree

Cold.  The DFW area is under a hard freeze warning.  The local NWS office issues that warning when temperatures below 10 are forecast.  Forecast lows in Dallas and Fort Worth are 11, in Waco is 9, and the coldest point forecast I found in the Fort Worth office region calls for a low of 2 in western part of the Red River valley.  The forecast for DFW Airport is the lowest in over 20 years (11 tonight, the last colder was 8 in 1996).
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

adventurernumber1

Quote from: Eth on January 16, 2018, 06:09:57 PM
Mid-40s now, but soon to be falling fast. Another front rolling through, expected to bring a small amount of snow tonight (probably around an inch), but whatever does fall will probably stick around tomorrow with a "high" temperature in the upper 20s. Wind Chill Advisory to take effect at 9pm tonight for expected wind chills near zero.

Similar stuff is going down here in northwest Georgia.

I believe our forecast called for some 15-25 MPH wind gusts tomorrow, a windchill close to 0 degrees, and highs never getting past the upper-20s or so. As a result of all this, I had no school today, and I have no school tomorrow.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

xcellntbuy

In middle Georgia, we have gone from low 20s temperatures and snow to bright sunshine and melting snow.  Still cold, though.  Just about everything is closed and no one on the roads.

index

Enjoyed a day off from school and took a walk in the snowy weather, which was nice. I took a few photos. The roads are supposed to freeze and stay frozen tonight and in the morning and it won't go above freezing till noon, so it's likely I won't have school tomorrow as well.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

adventurernumber1

Quote from: index on January 17, 2018, 04:51:55 PM
Enjoyed a day off from school and took a walk in the snowy weather, which was nice. I took a few photos. The roads are supposed to freeze and stay frozen tonight and in the morning and it won't go above freezing till noon, so it's likely I won't have school tomorrow as well.

Nice! Always cool to get some beautiful photos of the snow and such. I've actually gone to the hill at the top of my neighborhood in the past (walking, no vehicles were on the road for obvious reasons) and got pictures of the roads traversing downward with the snow on them, and the mountains in the distance covered with snow. Also, my school has been delayed a little bit tomorrow morning, so that is cool.

webny99

Honestly, I know you guys are in the south, but I cannot believe all the school cancellations. We've had a foot in a single night before and still had school the next day. In fact, I don't ever remember closing* for less than a foot (unless temps fall below -25 with wind chill, which is an insta-cancel).

hotdogPi

Quote from: webny99 on January 17, 2018, 05:45:12 PM
Honestly, I know you guys are in the south, but I cannot believe all the school cancellations. We've had a foot in a single night before and still had school the next day. In fact, I don't ever remember closing* for less than a foot (unless temps fall below -25 with wind chill, which is an insta-cancel).

It closed here today with just a few inches.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

LM117

Snowed here all day. There's probably about 5-7" outside.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.