Very few traffic jams on Texas freeways this morning

Started by thisdj78, March 16, 2020, 02:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thisdj78

I don't know if anyone happened to look at google maps w/traffic this morning but there was a lot of green in Austin, Dallas and Houston.

I don't think I've ever seen traffic that low on a weekday outside of major holidays.

Social distancing is working to some extent.

silverback1065

Thank the virus. Traffic has been light in the Indy metro area too.

Max Rockatansky

Imagine how light it will be around San Francisco Bay starting tomorrow. 

Road Hog

Traffic was lighter last week too because all the schools were on spring break. Now all the schools are closed anyway and a lot of people are working from home.

texaskdog

it was as bad as always at 615 am, but coming home it took half an hour instead of an hour, was like a sunday afternoon

thisdj78

Quote from: texaskdog on March 16, 2020, 08:03:38 PM
it was as bad as always at 615 am, but coming home it took half an hour instead of an hour, was like a sunday afternoon

I didn't check it until 7am, but at least from the map, there was a big change.

thisdj78

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 16, 2020, 06:13:15 PM

That will be surreal. I'll be checking out the online traffic cams tomorrow morning.

thisdj78

Quote from: thisdj78 on March 16, 2020, 10:19:12 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 16, 2020, 06:13:15 PM

That will be surreal. I'll be checking out the online traffic cams tomorrow morning.

Brian556

I looked at 7 or 8 AM. No congestion on the Tollway, Stemmons, or Central. Fox News was showing how light traffic was in NYC. On four-lane, one-way Av Of The Americas, there was only one vehicle waiting at the red light.

sprjus4

No traffic congestion in Northern Virginia... except at I-95 / Occoquan River southbound. VDOT's poor design never fails to disappoint.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.