News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-15/US 93 Garnet interchange to be rebuilt; 93 to be 4-laned

Started by Kniwt, August 14, 2017, 11:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLRoads

Slightly bumping this thread since I was just out there and drove through the DDI...

U.S. 93 north as it travels under I-15. Photo taken 03/04/19.

Northbound U.S. 93 at the traffic lane switch over. Photo taken 03/04/19.

They were still doing finishing touches at the DDI when I drove through, so there was only one lane open for north and southbound traffic. And I noticed NDOT has included art deco on the overpass along with calling out Interstate 15 (much like they did for I-11).

The four lane section stretches about five miles to the northwest of the DDI and maintains a 70 mph speed limit. The southbound lanes also span Grand Valley Parkway to allow for free movement for northbound traffic to the side road, which is a nice feature.

roadfro

Thanks for the update and posting some pics.

Interesting to see a DDI without a signal at the crossover. I'm curious if they're going to install signals at the US 95/Kyle Canyon Rd (SR 157) DDI currently under construction.

Also interesting from that second pic: "one way" arrows (which are very common in California) used on the pavement at the crossover. The pavement marking detail for these has been in the NDOT Standard Plans for some time, but I have never seen them actually used on an NDOT highway before now.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

FLRoads

Quote from: roadfro on March 16, 2019, 11:32:09 PM
Thanks for the update and posting some pics.
No problem!

Quote from: roadfro on March 16, 2019, 11:32:09 PM
Interesting to see a DDI without a signal at the crossover. I'm curious if they're going to install signals at the US 95/Kyle Canyon Rd (SR 157) DDI currently under construction.
I didn't see any indication of signal installations when I drove it on March 4th, though it still looks like there is quite of bit of work to be done. Also to report, traffic was reduced to one lane in each direction along U.S. 95 while the majority of the road work was being done on the approach and ramps. I was only able to get a couple of photos at the future interchange:

Northbound U.S. 95 is temporarily shifted over at the future DDI with Nevada 157 while work continues on the future lanes. Photo taken 03/04/2019.

Travelling south along U.S. 95 through the work zone for Nevada 157. Photo taken 03/04/2019.

Just thought to post these here since you had asked...

Now back on topic...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.