News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Siemens m50 Series

Started by encoad, April 05, 2023, 02:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

encoad

I've got a Siemens m52 traffic signal controller that I'm trying to get working for a non-road based project.  I have it booted and can telnet and FTP in.  But I really have no idea how to configure it.

Does anyone have any experience working with this controller? 

johndoe

I've used these to an extent but don't think I've been part of initial configuration ... what do you intend to do with this?  No user manuals can help you out?

encoad

We've build a 3d printed city as part of a university project.  We're trying to control the various parts of the city with as authentic as possible used equipment from the real work (so no Raspberry PIs).  We've got into a bunch of cheaper Lorawan, speed signs etc... fairly easily, but traffic controllers are fairly complicated apparently.

Do you think you could assist in getting one rolling?

johndoe

I'm afraid I know too little to really be of any help...where did you get the controller? Any chance a local entity (city,county,state/province) would have person who could help?

Dirt Roads

Did you'all try to contact to your local distributor?  Aptly named Electromega, they cover all of Quebec and Ontario.

Electromega
105 Avenue Liberté
Candiac Québec, Canada J5R 3X8
Phone: 450-635-102
https://www.electromega.com/

I've been able to find some programming and interface information about the more complex 2070ATC, which I believe uses all of the same programming standards as the M50/M51/M52/M53/M60 series.  But you may have better luck getting help from the experts.  They may also want to hire you as soon as you graduate.  (I certainly would if I were in that industry).

encoad

I did not try a distributor, but I'll give it a go.

As for a local traffic engineer, probably hard to find, I'm in a large city.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.