News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

H2O or water?

Started by TravelingBethelite, August 04, 2017, 04:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H2O or water

Eau
Agua
H2O
Dihydrogen monoxide
Poland Spring

hbelkins

I've been doing my own laundry since I was in high school. I don't iron, but that's another story. Laundry really isn't difficult.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Is there a thread where Alanland references aren't a thing? :banghead:
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

cjk374

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on October 14, 2017, 01:08:45 AM

Nope.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

MNHighwayMan

CNGL-Leudimin

Alanland is and isn't a fictional country created by a troll that subsequently became a running gag here, much like I-366 with an 85 mph speed limit. I somehow identified Alanland with the Northern coast of California, especially around Eureka (I believe the troll was from around there). My plans will ultimately incorporate an interstate towards the area, as they have already included I-366 (albeit with a different number) with an 85 mph speed limit and the Hypotenuse :sombrero:.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Roadgeekteen

Most serious threads.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

yakra

"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

cjk374

kkt

Quote from: Brandon on October 10, 2017, 02:11:29 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on October 10, 2017, 01:46:49 PM
Quote from: vdeane on October 10, 2017, 01:43:43 PM
They don't do the laundry for you at the laundromat.  They just have the machines; you still need to operate them yourself.
Well, I don't need to worry about it because I will google it.

Really?  It's not that difficult.

1. Put load of laundry in washer, separated by whites versus colors, and by delicates versus normal clothing, sheets, towels.
2. Add the appropriate amount of detergent.  Color-safe bleach for colors, chlorine bleach for whites only (unless you like splotchy clothing).
3. Add fabric softener when required (the washer will tell you when).
4. When done, transfer to the dryer.
5. Add a dryer sheet.
6. If the article in question says "do not machine dry", then do not put it in the dryer.
7. When done, fold laundry.

Google not required.

That's more work than most laundry really takes:

Dyes in dark clothes used to be not completely colorfast, which is why it was necessary to separate colors.  Almost all machine-washable clothes today are colorfast and can be washed with whites.  Skip the bleach, either chlorine or color-safe, unless you have something that get amazingly dirty.

You can also skip fabric softener and dryer sheets.

However, I'd emphasize not overdrying the clothes, take them out when they're dry but don't leave them in for longer than they have to.  And hang or fold promptly to keep them from wrinkling.

Some dressy clothes will require dry cleaning or hand washing but you can keep them out of your daily wardrobe until you have to have them.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kkt on October 15, 2017, 11:18:36 AM
They don't do the laundry for you at the laundromat.  They just have the machines; you still need to operate them yourself.

1. Put load of laundry in washer, separated by whites versus colors, and by delicates versus normal clothing, sheets, towels.
2. Add the appropriate amount of detergent.  Color-safe bleach for colors, chlorine bleach for whites only (unless you like splotchy clothing).
5. Add a dryer sheet.
6. If the article in question says "do not machine dry", then do not put it in the dryer.

Google not required.

Dyes in dark clothes used to be not completely colorfast, which is why it was necessary to separate colors.  Almost all machine-washable clothes today are colorfast and can be washed with whites.  Skip the bleach, either chlorine or color-safe, unless you have something that get amazingly dirty.

However, I'd emphasize not overdrying the clothes, take them out when they're dry but don't leave them in for longer than they have to.  And hang or fold promptly to keep them from wrinkling.

Some dressy clothes will require dry cleaning or hand washing but you can keep them out of your daily wardrobe until you have to have them.
Unless you don't care about the color.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

cjk374

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on October 15, 2017, 01:21:34 PM
Quote from: kkt on October 15, 2017, 11:18:36 AM

5. Add a dryer sheet.

Google not required.

Unless you don't care about the color.

Says no one ever.  :pan: :no:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.