News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Abandoned bridges on the "PP-OO" in Utah

Started by Route66Fan, April 05, 2021, 06:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Route66Fan

I've found a old abandoned bridge along the Northern route of the PP-OO Southwest of Vernal, UT.

I've also found where one old bridge & possibly another even older bridge once were on the Northern PP-OO alignment Southeast of Ft. Duchesne, UT.

& a couple more bridge abutments, along the "PP-OO", between Woodside, UT & Price, UT

Route66Fan

In mapping out the section of the "PP-OO" between Price, UT, to Salt Lake City, UT, I think that I found one old bridge & some more old bridge abutments that were on different alignments of the "PP-OO", either pre, or post 1919, near Castle Gate, UT.

Route66Fan

Another possible former alignment of the "PP-OO" that's now being used by the railroad. The "1919 Official Automobile Blue Book" did not mention this crossing.

Route66Fan

Another bridge crossing, that's now being used by the railroad, North of Royal, UT.

Duke87

What on earth is the "PP-OO", other than something that's cool and legal in 49 states?
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

SkyPesos

Quote from: Duke87 on April 20, 2021, 08:23:21 PM
What on earth is the "PP-OO", other than something that's cool and legal in 49 states?
Reminds me of NE2's profile pic every time I see "PP-OO" for some reason

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: SkyPesos on April 20, 2021, 08:26:54 PM
Quote from: Duke87 on April 20, 2021, 08:23:21 PM
Reminds me of NE2's profile pic every time I see "PP-OO" for some reason

Man, I used to drive by the junction of County Highways P and OO all the time. :P
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.