News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Oklahoma Bans MUTCD

Started by Ned Weasel, April 01, 2023, 06:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captkirk_4

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 09, 2023, 09:57:56 PM
Quote from: Road Hog on April 09, 2023, 09:43:21 PM
Quote from: US 41 on April 03, 2023, 05:06:15 PM
I actually meant it. I love Oklahoma. It's like a healthy Midwestern / Southwestern mix. I've been looking for land to buy in the western part of the state. Would really like to find something in Boise City, but there's not a lot there unfortunately.
Oklahoma in the past has had a libertarian bent which I liked, but lately (in the last 6-7 years) it's been riding the toadstool hard.

I would suggest any supposed libertarian image the state may have put out toward outsiders in the past is pure fiction. When I was growing up, tattoo parlors were illegal and the only beer for sale outside of a liquor store was limited to 3.2% ABV. This is the state that inspired Footloose.

Well, I can agree on the part about the "Tattoo Parlors" I can't stand seeing those hideous things disfiguring so many these days.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: captkirk_4 on August 03, 2023, 10:19:56 AM
I actually meant it. I love Oklahoma. It's like a healthy Midwestern / Southwestern mix. I've been looking for land to buy in the western part of the state. Would really like to find something in Boise City, but there's not a lot there unfortunately.
Oklahoma in the past has had a libertarian bent which I liked, but lately (in the last 6-7 years) it's been riding the toadstool hard.

I would suggest any supposed libertarian image the state may have put out toward outsiders in the past is pure fiction. When I was growing up, tattoo parlors were illegal and the only beer for sale outside of a liquor store was limited to 3.2% ABV. This is the state that inspired Footloose.

Well, I can agree on the part about the "Tattoo Parlors" I can't stand seeing those hideous things disfiguring so many these days.

I'm not the biggest tattoo fan myself, but disfiguring? 

Scott5114

Quote from: captkirk_4 on August 03, 2023, 10:19:56 AM

"I don't want people to be allowed to do something because I think it is hideous" is not a libertarian philosophy, though.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bugo

I only have two small tattoos, and you would never know I had them unless I showed them to you. I don't understand facial or neck tattoos. I sound like a hypocrite, but I generally don't like tattoos on women. Especially sleeves and chest tattoos. 

Bobby5280

I don't have any tattoos of my own because I'm sure I'd get sick of them after a period of time and want to change or remove them. I've designed tattoos for other people though.

I think it's alright for people to get tattoos if that's what floats their boat. I don't even mind tattoos on women. But I do wish a lot of people had better taste in their choices of tattoos. Some are just not well drawn or thought out. And some of the art is just freaking clip art. Who knows how many other people have the same thing drawn on them. I like tattoo art that is unique and crafted precisely. That stuff can get really expensive though.

J N Winkler

The Japanese crime novelist Akimitsu Takagi got interested in tattoo culture when researching his debut novel, The Tattoo Murder Case (1948).  He took photographs, some of which have now been published online and in a book, and they do demonstrate the possibilities of tattoo as an art form.  But the novel also describes the pain associated with getting full-body, full-color tattoos.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Scott5114

I don't like most people's tattoos. If I were to get them I would want all of them to match in color and style. Most people don't seem to bother doing that and it leads to a cluttered, disjointed appearance...

...much like an Oklahoma road sign. Hey, look, we circled back around to being on topic!

Max Rockatansky

Took me 31 years to get even one tattoo.  It is mostly hidden from view since under the left sleeve of most shirts I wear.  Something small and tasteful I'm fine with, covering good portions of their body just isn't for me. 

The Ghostbuster

Could we move talk about one's tattoos to an Off-Topic thread? This thread is about Oklahoma banning MUTCD.

Scott5114

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on August 07, 2023, 08:29:54 PM
This thread is about Oklahoma banning MUTCD.

Which never actually happened, so...

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on August 07, 2023, 08:29:54 PM
Could we move talk about one's tattoos to an Off-Topic thread? This thread is about Oklahoma banning MUTCD.

Banning the MUTCD requires the depletion of order.  What you see before you is the introduction of disorder/entropy to this thread.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.