News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Lengthy, costly trail to Bay Bridge's eastern span

Started by ZLoth, August 25, 2013, 12:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZLoth

From SF Gate:

Lengthy, costly trail to Bay Bridge's eastern span
QuoteOne of the Bay Area's longest running stories, a tale of money, political power and amazing feats, with more twists, turns and trouble than a cable television drama, is finally reaching its end, albeit a beautiful yet slightly disappointing and unrewarding conclusion.

The new eastern span of the Bay Bridge is scheduled to open early Sept. 3, almost 24 years after the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake snapped a section of the busy bridge, revealing its fragility, and almost 12 years since construction started.
FULL ARTICLE HERE
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.