News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I hate this song!

Started by allniter89, October 05, 2014, 03:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epzik8

There's this one song that I guess is hot lately that goes "I can make your hands clap..." and I hate it because it's exactly what's wrong with the majority of modern pop music.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

dzlsabe

"Laid" (james), ensures nobody will get. Some JACKASS actually played this twice in a row on 9/10/01 and I had a very bad feeling. American Pie (glad I dont own a gun). Bob Seger and Bruce Springsteen. Cool guys, just kant stand most/all of their crap. Does MJ have ANY songs I have not heard 19M times? "I wanna dance with somebody who loves me"? Twice within 30 minutes and I wanna cry and vomit at the same time. (have not vomitted for 39 years?) Pretty much every over played POS anthem there is.
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

74/171FAN

Quote from: epzik8 on March 29, 2017, 11:50:46 PM
There's this one song that I guess is hot lately that goes "I can make your hands clap..." and I hate it because it's exactly what's wrong with the majority of modern pop music.

"HandClap" by Fitz and the Tantrums, mainly a guilty pleasure for me due to the groove

Another song from them that sounds similar was mentioned on this 2016 worst songs list by Youtuber Kumerai Fang.  It is much worse than you could probably imagine.

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: 74/171FAN on March 30, 2017, 07:07:13 AM
Quote from: epzik8 on March 29, 2017, 11:50:46 PM

"HandClap" by Fitz and the Tantrums, mainly a guilty pleasure for me due to the groove

Another song from them that sounds similar was mentioned on this 2016 worst songs list by Youtuber Kumerai Fang.  It is much worse than you could probably imagine.

I saw enough of their "Here We Go" in commercials for Super Cuts to last a lifetime (plus, Chris Mad Dog Russo uses it as the theme to his High Heat show on MLB Networ.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

cpzilliacus

Old music/old person perspective follows:

• Many tracks by Led Zeppelin were run into the ground by programmers of "album-oriented rock" radio of the 1970's, so I do not want to hear them any more, especially "Black Dog."  Sad, because this band put out a lot of good music.
  • "Waiting for a Girl like You" by Foreigner was similarly and massively overplayed in the 1980's.
  • "Lowdown" by Boz Scaggs  was also played into oblivion.
  • Never cared for anything by Bob Seger.
  • Justin Bieber does nothing for me at all.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

inkyatari

Quote from: cpzilliacus on March 30, 2017, 12:42:24 PM

Never cared for anything by Bob Seger.

He comes off as a whiner with all his songs about missing the old days.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

dzlsabe

Dozens of bands have great tunes that never get played. Never/rarely listen to PsychFurs, Clash, Beatles, Stones, Bowie, Ledz etal "radio hits".
Yeah, even Robert Plant wants to vomit to "Stairway to Heaven",
The Killers, Mr Brightside etal? Buh-bye.
Way TOO much CRAP country. where to start? "I love this bar"?. NOT for long. Katie, open the doors.
Pretty much, Touchtunes SUX.
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

kurumi

Quote from: inkyatari on March 30, 2017, 12:48:42 PM

Only takes this song 13 seconds to get to the point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn7-Afxuu-E
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

sparker

Quote from: kurumi on March 31, 2017, 02:09:28 AM

Kinda reminds me of that old Mojo Nixon song "Don Henley Must Die".  IIRC, soon after it was released Henley himself crashed a Mojo gig and ended up playing drums and singing backup on the song bearing his name!  Now that's a classy act! :spin:

inkyatari

Quote from: kurumi on March 31, 2017, 02:09:28 AM

That's awesome.

David Bowie dies, and yet bob seger lives.  That's justice?
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

roadman65

My Band from Emenim always annoyed me.  Not that the fact Eminem is not my cup of tea, but the song is ironic being the artist is not in a band, and of course the Dirty Dozen with their vocals in it arguing over who is the better ladies man: each one of them or Eminem was kind of like yeah whatever.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Roadgeekteen

Soft rock is boring :sleep:.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

TravelingBethelite

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 22, 2017, 12:27:55 PM

And modern pop isn't? I'd take a soft rock radio station over even the best-programmed pop one anyday.  :rolleyes:
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: TravelingBethelite on April 22, 2017, 08:01:40 PM

And modern pop isn't? I'd take a soft rock radio station over even the best-programmed pop one anyday.  :rolleyes:
I just prefer faster-paced music.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

hbelkins

To each their own. I can't stand most pop or soft-rock music, but others think Metallica is just noise.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jp the roadgeek

I just hate the extreme ends of the spectrum.  At one end you have the put you to sleep sappy soft love songs (especially those of the 70's and 80's) that make your ears cringe.  At the other end you have Death Metal where it's just basically loud noise and someone screaming like something out of The Exorcist.  Metallica is on the heavy side, but at least I can decipher James Hetfield's voice.  So essentially, my idea of musical hell would be a Death Metal version of You Light Up My Life. 
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

dzlsabe

Welcome to lame ass spambot American radio stations and Touchtunes.

noelbotevera

Coming out of the closet here, I'm into bands like Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, etc. I can handle slow songs (used to be into jazz/classical), but if all it is is cliche love songs, I'm not listening. I hate pop and country and prefer heavy metal.

I've posted many times throughout this thread, but my earlier posts are from before I discovered Metallica.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 22, 2017, 08:17:53 PM
Quote from: TravelingBethelite on April 22, 2017, 08:01:40 PM

I just prefer faster-paced music.

As do I.  I want to be able to enjoy the music I listen to, not feel bored or sad.

On that note, "Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon is in my opinion a pretty average, 5/10 song, but it would be better if the first verse was tweaked a bit and split into two or even three verses, the hardness was more to the tune of 4 instead of 2, and the tempo was a bit faster.

My favorite ranges on the hardness scale would be 2.5-5.0, though I can go down to 1.5-2 and up to 6 without much complaint.
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

roadgeek01

Most music after 1986.  Although there are some good music after that (All Star, Seven Nation Army, Train(band)), most I believe is absolute bullcrap.  Everything is synthesized, on a drum machine, auto tuned, processed, and if the song has any actual instruments, the job is done poorly.  I hate new country music that talks about being in their pickup-truck drinking beer with their girlfriend in the cornfield.  The old stuff (Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Gene Autry, etc.) I have nothing against.  I hate Carry on My Wayward Song by Kansas, The Carpenters, and We Built this City.  I personally like rock music from the 60s, 70s, and very early 80s.
pork bork my hork

idk what it means either

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: roadgeek01 on May 03, 2017, 04:23:07 PM
Most music after 1986.  Although there are some good music after that (All Star, Seven Nation Army, Train(band)), most I believe is absolute bullcrap.  Everything is synthesized, on a drum machine, auto tuned, processed, and if the song has any actual instruments, the job is done poorly.  I hate new country music that talks about being in their pickup-truck drinking beer with their girlfriend in the cornfield.  The old stuff (Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Gene Autry, etc.) I have nothing against.  I hate Carry on My Wayward Song by Kansas, The Carpenters, and We Built this City.  I personally like rock music from the 60s, 70s, and very early 80s.
How old are you?

roadgeek01

QuoteHow old are you?

Quite young, actually. Not saying how old due to privacy.   I was raised with a love of old music via my parents.   :bigass:
pork bork my hork

idk what it means either

formulanone

Quote from: roadgeek01 on May 03, 2017, 04:23:07 PM
Most music after 1986.

Your loss, not ours. Don't judge a genre or generation of music by how a handful of radio conglomerates decided what's good for you. Since you're young, I'm going to assume you're just borrowing someone else's opinions.

There's lots of great music that doesn't get a second of radio play.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: roadgeek01 on May 03, 2017, 04:52:48 PM
QuoteHow old are you?

Quite young, actually. Not saying how old due to privacy.   I was raised with a love of old music via my parents.   :bigass:
I mean, there are TONS of songs from 1986-present.

roadgeek01

QuoteI mean, there are TONS of songs from 1986-present.

Yes, that is why I said most.  I know of and acknowledged songs that are good from 1986 on. 
QuoteAlthough there are some good music after that (All Star, Seven Nation Army, Train(band))
The point I was trying to make was that I like songs that are original, not the same basic formula but different for every song that I hear. 
pork bork my hork

idk what it means either

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.