News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Will WI-69 be rerouted near Belleville?

Started by thspfc, August 29, 2020, 09:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thspfc

I heard something quite a while ago about WI-69 possibly being rerouted onto CTH-PB to bypass Belleville. The only holdup I could see is resistance from local businesses in Belleville who don't want to lose the state route designation, but it wouldn't matter much because Maps will tell you to take CTH-PB anyways.

SEWIGuy

According to Chris Bessert, Dane County put it forward in the early 2000s with a Bus Wi-69 Routing into Belleville but it didn't go anywhere.

thspfc

Quote from: SEWIGuy on August 30, 2020, 10:24:29 AM
According to Chris Bessert, Dane County put it forward in the early 2000s with a Bus Wi-69 Routing into Belleville but it didn't go anywhere.
Ah, that's where I heard about it. Thanks.

triplemultiplex

These days, it seems to make more sense to move WI 69 over to the part of CTH PB between Paoli and Verona, since that's where most of the traffic is going.  It would take a little work to fix up some intersections in Paoli, but pretty straightforward.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.