News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

US-89A Signs are now up in Utah!

Started by Rover_0, May 22, 2011, 03:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corco

I'd say keep e-mailing. Don't let them give you the runaround.

Rover_0

Quote from: corco on July 07, 2011, 02:31:09 AM
I'd say keep e-mailing. Don't let them give you the runaround.

About what, exactly?  I don't think they're giving me the runaround, and I don't want to sound rude.

As for the new control poles (as I call them), they've replaced the hanging-wire signs.  The last UT-11 sign has also been taken down.  I don't know if I've ever seen a pole setup like this before, in Utah or anywhere.  It's probably not the only one around, but has anyone else seen these?  I wonder if we'll see this type of pole come to places like Panguitch or Blanding (who also have used the hanging-wire control signs).

From US-89 before the US-89A junction:

Looking Southbound

Looking Northbound

From US-89A:

Looking Southbound

Looking Northbound

From US-89, going East out of Kanab:

Looking Southbound (East)

Looking Northbound (West)
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

agentsteel53

I believe Florida uses that sort of placement as well for guide signs.  They certainly do for one-piece signs with banner/shield/arrow combinations on them.

I seem to remember somewhere seeing a similar arrangement, except featuring a green guide sign with an arrow and a destination. 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.