News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Amarillo: TxDOT open house to show off south Loop 335 plans

Started by txstateends, February 22, 2012, 07:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txstateends

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2012-02-21/txdot-meeting-focus-loop-335-upgrades

Several years late, but better late than never I guess... between the BNSF RR bridge west of Washington, and I-27, grade separations are planned at Georgia, Western, and Bell streets; service roads are planned along the same stretch as well.  The article doesn't say anything about main lane additions; currently the loop is 4 lanes with left turn between I-27 and Randall High School, then 2 lanes the rest of the way to the RR bridge.  Without any online availability, it's hard to know whether the Georgia and Western approaches will be super-2s, super-4s, or better; and whether Bell's approach will be super-4 or better.  Bids are to be awarded in August of next year.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.