News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

NJ 62

Started by Alps, March 14, 2009, 07:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

NJ 62 is about to be signed from mainline US 46.  Signs are sitting on the ground awaiting finishing the gantry poles.  Each direction will have at least one shield (EB I know will have two) to go along with the one on the EB offramp at the 62 signal.  Will be interesting to see what else pops up on 62 in the coming years.

yanksfan6129

Where is this NJ 62?

njroadhorse

It's along Minisink Road in Totowa I believe.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Alps

NJ 62 is Union Blvd. between US 46 and I-80, inclusive of the approaches on either side of the interchanges.  Used to run up to Paterson and at one point was US 46 before the NJ 6 bypass (present-day 46 east to NJ 20) was built.

Nexis4Jersey

that's interesting never knew we , had a Route 62 , and i drive in Totowa at least once a week, i believe theres 50 or so hidden state highways in NJ!

Alps

62 is now signed in both directions of 46 (signs are up) as well as on overheads at signals.  Other hidden routes:
13 (one mention in text - see my site)
59 (one mention on new overhead signs - see my site)
64 (no mentions - see my site)
81 (now with begin/end shields and at least one signal overhead - see my site)
162 (no mentions - see my site)
163 (no mentions, dead end - see my site)
165 (no mentions - see my site)
167 (no mentions, 2 dead ends - see my site)

So that's 9 total.

NJRoadfan

Quote from: AlpsROADS on March 14, 2009, 07:39:27 PM
NJ 62 is about to be signed from mainline US 46.  Signs are sitting on the ground awaiting finishing the gantry poles.  Each direction will have at least one shield (EB I know will have two) to go along with the one on the EB offramp at the 62 signal.  Will be interesting to see what else pops up on 62 in the coming years.

I guess this will merit an addition to the ends page eventually (when it goes back online). Did they ever milepost the route?

njroadhorse

Quote from: NJRoadfan on May 23, 2009, 01:36:17 PM
Quote from: AlpsROADS on March 14, 2009, 07:39:27 PM

I guess this will merit an addition to the ends page eventually (when it goes back online). Did they ever milepost the route?
Yes, I believe they did
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Alps

Define milepost.  Are any posted?  No.  Are they maintained internally?  Yes.

NJRoadfan

I did notice that NJ-62 does appear on the official NJ State map now.

akotchi

The NJDOT Straight Line Diagram now recognizes the route.  0.47 miles long, between U.S. 46 and the intersection with the I-80 WB off-ramp.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.