News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Covid vaccination status?

Started by hbelkins, March 04, 2021, 09:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your covid vaccination status?

I have taken the first shot, but not yet taken the second one.
22 (16.4%)
I have taken both shots.
74 (55.2%)
I plan to take the one-dose shot when it's available in my area.
4 (3%)
My priority group is not yet eligible, but I plan to take it when I can.
16 (11.9%)
I have not had covid and I don't plan to take the shot at all.
14 (10.4%)
I've already had covid so I don't need to/don't plan to take the shot.
3 (2.2%)
I've already had covid but I do plan to take the shot.
7 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 134

kphoger

Quote from: NJRoadfan on March 12, 2021, 12:07:32 PM
Folks, the side effects are the vaccine doing its job. Nothing to worry about, its actually a good thing.

Well, of course.  But they still aren't fun if they're severe.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Scott5114

I am mostly documenting my experience in case there is anyone reading who is considering not getting the shot because of they've heard of bad side effects. There are side effects to be sure, but they are exceedingly minor and much, much better than getting covid itself, having done both.

By this point the flu-like symptoms have gone away, and the soreness in my arm has diminished. I really only feel it if I turn my arm in certain ways.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 12, 2021, 02:28:14 PM
I am mostly documenting my experience in case there is anyone reading who is considering not getting the shot because of they've heard of bad side effects. There are side effects to be sure, but they are exceedingly minor and much, much better than getting covid itself, having done both.

By this point the flu-like symptoms have gone away, and the soreness in my arm has diminished. I really only feel it if I turn my arm in certain ways.

I know a young lady who had COVID and then got the vaccine less than three months later.

Don't do that!  Be sure to wait the three months before vaccination.

She was knocked out for days with awful COVID-like symptoms.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jmacswimmer

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 12, 2021, 02:28:14 PM
I am mostly documenting my experience in case there is anyone reading who is considering not getting the shot because of they've heard of bad side effects.

Speaking as someone else who had the 'rona and is hoping to get vaccinated soon, this is much appreciated.

Quote from: kphoger on March 12, 2021, 02:30:35 PM
I know a young lady who had COVID and then got the vaccine less than three months later.

Don't do that!  Be sure to wait the three months before vaccination.

She was knocked out for days with awful COVID-like symptoms.

Oddly enough, my fiancĂ©e (thanks again for educating me on the proper usage/spelling in another thread :-D) got vaccinated roughly 2 months after we had it, and experienced zero side effects aside from the arm soreness.  Which we were extremely surprised by, since we had also heard that the side effects can be worse if you've already had it.
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

SectorZ

Adding two to the pile for post-shot symptoms...

My wife (39 years old) had both shots and had zero symptoms
My mom (69 years old) had both shots. First shot had no symptoms, second had the flu-like aches and pains for two days, other wise fine after

I fully intend on getting mine when available. My wife works for a hospital so she was able to get hers quite early.

bandit957

So I finally did get my first Pfizer shot today.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

kevinb1994

Quote from: bandit957 on March 12, 2021, 04:54:08 PM
So I finally did get my first Pfizer shot today.
My mother got her second shot (of the Moderna vaccine) today via the Mayo Clinic. Glad it's nearby.

Still don't know about myself, but it probably won't be too long before my father gets vaccinated, as the age limit is being lowered.

JayhawkCO

Governor of Colorado just came out saying vaccines will be available to everyone 16 and older by mid-April.

Chris

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: jayhawkco on March 12, 2021, 05:07:48 PM
Governor of Colorado just came out saying vaccines will be available to everyone 16 and older by mid-April.

Chris
Good news! Hopefully, Massachusetts follows suit.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

J N Winkler

How are various jurisdictions handling eligibility verification?  I've heard stories locally of people's IDs being checked before they are able to proceed with their appointments, but some states (such as Washington) appear to be on the honor system.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: J N Winkler on March 12, 2021, 05:14:55 PM
How are various jurisdictions handling eligibility verification?  I've heard stories locally of people's IDs being checked before they are able to proceed with their appointments, but some states (such as Washington) appear to be on the honor system.

With the DOD they had a list of commands and employee names that were registered to a specific appointment date.  There was no specific age or physical condition requirement that I noticed.  I'm just glad that I didn't have to figure out what the hell California is trying to do with appointments and screens.

bandit957

They asked for my ID, but they didn't ask to see my medical paperwork that showed I had underlying conditions.

Rothman

My wife and I got our first doses of Pfizer's vaccination.

I had heaches, nausea, a single vomitting incident and...hiccups.

My wife just got tired.

Can't wait for the second shot.  Already arranged to take time off of work.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

JayhawkCO

I haven't heard in Colorado, but I'm hoping it's pretty lax.  My phase, 1.b4, isn't eligible until the 19th, but I pre-registered with Kaiser Permanente with that information and they still told me I'm eligible now.  So, I guess I'll go for my appointment on Tuesday and if it doesn't work, I'll try to reschedule another after the 19th.  I would have just made my appointment on the 19th, but they didn't have appointments that far into the future.

Chris

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Rothman on March 12, 2021, 05:26:55 PM

My wife just got tired.

Hiccups is a new one I haven't heard of.  Really it was nothing for me aside from a slightly sore left tricep.  Apparently my second appointment is April 8th, I'll have to come in on a vacation day. 

Rothman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 12, 2021, 05:29:07 PM
Quote from: Rothman on March 12, 2021, 05:26:55 PM

My wife just got tired.

Hiccups is a new one I haven't heard of.  Really it was nothing for me aside from a slightly sore left tricep.  Apparently my second appointment is April 8th, I'll have to come in on a vacation day.
They aren't one of the side effects they warn you about.  But, they definitely showed up within that 1-3 day period and disappeared likewise.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kphoger

My wife had to show her eligibility paperwork and ID at the check-in desk here in Wichita (Central Community Church) yesterday.

My mother-in-law was walking by a grocery store in Missouri the other day, and someone asked if she wanted a COVID shot, because they had some left over at the end of the day.  Her employer had taken everyone's information weeks ago and was in charge of setting things up, her co-worker had already gotten a shot a week or two earlier, but she hadn't heard a word yet from her employer.  So she said yes, went over, and got her first dose.
Male pronouns, please.

Got JNJ last Friday in Illinois. I checked 2 above since I am done. Took my pill bottles but they didn't check.
Did need DL  so I could get the certificate.

A neck ache after an hour and some aches Say evening and that was it.

SSOWorld

I'll be eligible due to my weight on 3/29.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

ftballfan

I'll be eligible on 4/5 as Michigan just announced that all adults will be eligible on that date. I was on the fence with whether to get it or not at first, but after my grandma got both doses (Moderna) and experienced few if any side effects, I'm leaning toward getting it (I don't particularly care which vaccine I get).

bugo

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on March 05, 2021, 07:53:50 AM
I prefer not to have Wuhan flu nor the medication the media touts as a vaccination.

You might not have a choice.

bandit957

Yesterday the nationwide weekly positivity rate crashed down to 3.96%. This is easily the lowest since well over a year ago when there were few if any cases in the U.S.

index

NC just bumped up the opening of group 4 to vaccines, which includes me, to March 17. J&J vaccine is probably really helping out with speeding things along.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

jakeroot

Stunningly, at no point did the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority ask me for identification. I had it with me, and I did have to fill out a form before I got my second vaccine, but still nothing about certifying my status as a member of the tribe. I actually joked with my girlfriend about getting her vaccinated with the tribe, since they don't seem to check IDs, but we decided the honor system was already working well elsewhere and would wait until later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.