News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Covid vaccination status?

Started by hbelkins, March 04, 2021, 09:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your covid vaccination status?

I have taken the first shot, but not yet taken the second one.
22 (16.4%)
I have taken both shots.
74 (55.2%)
I plan to take the one-dose shot when it's available in my area.
4 (3%)
My priority group is not yet eligible, but I plan to take it when I can.
16 (11.9%)
I have not had covid and I don't plan to take the shot at all.
14 (10.4%)
I've already had covid so I don't need to/don't plan to take the shot.
3 (2.2%)
I've already had covid but I do plan to take the shot.
7 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 08, 2021, 04:50:16 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on May 08, 2021, 03:41:49 AM
Theoretically, not wearing a mask indoors in Oklahoma City could get you a $9 fine.

Though they'd only issue the fine if they were fining you for something else already and just tack the mask fine on top of it.

But the very thought! $9! Who can afford $9!
Once again, the rich who can pay the fine can do whatever and the poor which can't afford to spend $9 every time get screwed over.

If you can't afford a $9 one time fine you're financial situation probably is beyond dire.

webny99

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 08, 2021, 03:14:33 PM
Quote from: tolbs17 on May 08, 2021, 12:13:48 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on May 08, 2021, 07:59:11 AM
anyway, we're hijacking the thread again.
By the time we reach herd immunity, it will be locked I'm sure.

any time you say "i'm sure" about something getting moderated a certain way it kind of makes me want to do the opposite, just sayin'

So it sounds like this thread will be open for a while then!  :biggrin:  :cheers:

CoreySamson

Am I the only person who would gladly take the Sinovac vaccine if it were offered here?
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Scott5114

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 08, 2021, 04:50:16 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on May 08, 2021, 03:41:49 AM
Theoretically, not wearing a mask indoors in Oklahoma City could get you a $9 fine.

Though they'd only issue the fine if they were fining you for something else already and just tack the mask fine on top of it.

But the very thought! $9! Who can afford $9!
Once again, the rich who can pay the fine can do whatever and the poor which can't afford to spend $9 every time get screwed over.

And, I mean, you can just wear a mask and not get fined. They are legitimately free in some cases.

That being said, as I mentioned upthread, the fine isn't even being assessed in most cases. If you're not wearing a mask, OCPD isn't going to write you a ticket for just that. You can be asked to leave by the business and OCPD will enforce that if you won't leave. If you're being unruly and commit some other offense and get arrested, they toss the $9 on top of whatever else they charge you with.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Ketchup99

Quote from: CoreySamson on May 08, 2021, 06:34:38 PM
Am I the only person who would gladly take the Sinovac vaccine if it were offered here?
Yeah... yeah, you probably are...

Roadgeekteen

Do you already have another vaccine?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

noelbotevera

Got the second shot yesterday; I'll be all-clear by May 21st. Went on to get a fondue dinner that night and then took the SATs the following morning.

Yes, I'm tired.

Also, what if we injected both vaccines at the same time? Double the immunity, y'all. Use up that unused stock faster.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

CoreySamson

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 08, 2021, 07:20:30 PM
No.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: CoreySamson on May 08, 2021, 10:17:25 PM
No.
It's fairly easy to get vaccines now, so go get a Pfizer. It's much better than Sinovac.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Ketchup99

I guess my question is, why Sinovac? Its efficacy seems to be around 67%, and the Seychelles, which have about 60% of their population inoculated with Sinovac, are seeing a new surge. Pfizer, Moderna, and even J&J, by contrast, are all more effective. At this point, I'm not sure why you'd take a J&J, but Pfizer vaccines are 90-95% effective and way better than the Sinovac shot.

noelbotevera

Quote from: CoreySamson on May 08, 2021, 10:17:25 PM
No.
Maybe he wants access to the Chinese 5G network.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

tolbs17

We offer Pfizer/Biontech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson. They are all better than Sinovac. We are not getting the Sinovac. Hell, I don't even think we even need the AstraZeneca one!

Novavax could seek approval soon after we get results from the phase 3 trials.

Ketchup99

Quote from: tolbs17 on May 08, 2021, 11:06:53 PM
We offer Pfizer/Biontech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson. They are all better than Sinovac. We are not getting the Sinovac. Hell, I don't even think we even need the AstraZeneca one!

Although it's dumb that it hasn't been approved, I don't think we need AstraZeneca either. Honestly, at this point, I don't think we need Johnson and Johnson. Pfizer and Moderna are so readily available, and supply is so small an issue at this point, that a ~70% effective vaccine can be removed from the vaccine program in favor of 95% effective shots.

Roadgeekteen

The problem in America right now is not vaccine supply, it's vaccine demand.

tolbs17

Quote from: Ketchup99 on May 08, 2021, 11:11:21 PM

Although it's dumb that it hasn't been approved
Probably cause the FDA has seen numerous countries pause the use of it due to the blood clots.

tolbs17

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 08, 2021, 11:16:53 PM
12-15 year olds getting vaccinated will get a boost for sure.

Rothman

Quote from: tolbs17 on May 08, 2021, 11:20:21 PM
I do think the reluctant or indignant adults are still a stupefying issue.  What brats.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

oscar

Honestly, at this point, I don't think we need Johnson and Johnson. Pfizer and Moderna are so readily available, and supply is so small an issue at this point, that a ~70% effective vaccine can be removed from the vaccine program in favor of 95% effective shots.

J&J has advantages, that make it popular with some people who might refuse the other vaccines (mainly that it's one-shot), make it easier to provide to populations where super-cold refrigeration isn't practical, and work better for other populations like the homeless and migrant farmworkers who are hard to chase down to get their second shots. I was given a choice between one- and two-dose vaccines, and opted for the latter, but would not criticize the choices of those who got J&J.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

tolbs17

Quote from: oscar on May 08, 2021, 11:34:20 PM
Honestly, at this point, I don't think we need Johnson and Johnson. Pfizer and Moderna are so readily available, and supply is so small an issue at this point, that a ~70% effective vaccine can be removed from the vaccine program in favor of 95% effective shots.

J&J has advantages, that make it popular with some people who might refuse the other vaccines (mainly that it's one-shot), make it easier to provide to populations where super-cold refrigeration isn't practical, and work better for other populations like the homeless and migrant farmworkers who are hard to chase down to get their second shots. I was given a choice between one- and two-dose vaccines, and opted for the latter, but would not criticize the choices of those who got J&J.
And like the Detroit governor declining that one cause it was not as effective.

vdeane

Quote from: tolbs17 on May 08, 2021, 11:19:12 PM

Probably cause the FDA has seen numerous countries pause the use of it due to the blood clots.
Plus there are questions about how effective it really is, given the issues in their studies (and more pop up every time they clear up the prior issues).  And they're a two-shot vaccine that's only as effective as the single-shot J&J vaccine, so it's basically the worst of both worlds, at least from a patient perspective.  Really the only advantage to approving it would be increased supply, but that really isn't an issue right now, at least not here.  Better to just give our supply of that one to countries that need it more.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

tolbs17

Quote from: vdeane on May 08, 2021, 11:45:10 PM
Quote from: tolbs17 on May 08, 2021, 11:19:12 PM

Plus there are questions about how effective it really is, given the issues in their studies (and more pop up every time they clear up the prior issues).  And they're a two-shot vaccine that's only as effective as the single-shot J&J vaccine, so it's basically the worst of both worlds, at least from a patient perspective.  Really the only advantage to approving it would be increased supply, but that really isn't an issue right now, at least not here.  Better to just give our supply of that one to countries that need it more.
Like Africa and India.

bugo

I got both shots of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. The only side effect I felt was a slight soreness in the arm where the shots were given. Other than that, I had zero noticeable effects. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Scott5114

Quote from: bugo on May 09, 2021, 12:04:59 AM
I got both shots of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. The only side effect I felt was a slight soreness in the arm where the shots were given. Other than that, I had zero noticeable effects. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Were you able to get both of yours close in to town? I went to Ada for my first dose and Eufaula for my second because it was difficult getting a vaccination slot in the OKC metro at the time I got mine.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

J N Winkler

Quote from: Ketchup99 on May 08, 2021, 11:00:20 PMI guess my question is, why Sinovac? Its efficacy seems to be around 67%, and the Seychelles, which have about 60% of their population inoculated with Sinovac, are seeing a new surge. Pfizer, Moderna, and even J&J, by contrast, are all more effective. At this point, I'm not sure why you'd take a J&J, but Pfizer vaccines are 90-95% effective and way better than the Sinovac shot.

My personal preference would be for a vaccine with high headline efficacy--Pfizer, Moderna, maybe Sputnik V if it passes the sniff test from the European Medicines Agency or another SRA--but there is a theory that inactivated-virus vaccines like Sinovac, Sinopharm, Covaxin, and so on experience less of a drop in effectiveness against variants because they use the whole virus and so elicit a more comprehensive immune response.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

hbelkins

Quote from: noelbotevera on May 08, 2021, 10:03:21 PM
Got the second shot yesterday; I'll be all-clear by May 21st. Went on to get a fondue dinner that night and then took the SATs the following morning.

Yes, I'm tired.

Also, what if we injected both vaccines at the same time? Double the immunity, y'all. Use up that unused stock faster.

I saw an unsourced reference over the weekend about someone who had taken both doses of both the Pfizer and Moderna shots, and still ended up catching it.

Quote from: Rothman on May 08, 2021, 11:30:52 PM
Quote from: tolbs17 on May 08, 2021, 11:20:21 PM
I do think the reluctant or indignant adults are still a stupefying issue.  What brats.

Still can't accept that some people think differently than you do?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.