News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

__________ is/are overrated.

Started by kphoger, April 28, 2022, 10:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

Quote from: kphoger on May 02, 2022, 10:54:01 AM
If I were a delivery driver, and the customer took a picture of me by the truck, I'd probably assume the customer was unhappy with my service and was wanting to document my visit–whether as something to send to my boss or complain about on social media or whatever.  It might prompt me to go back up to the door and ask if I could right some wrong but, other than that, I'd assume that was just par for the course.

If you deliver to a residence or business, you are more likely to be recorded than photographed.

Wave to the camera!

It's more likely that someone is recording how late or verifying arrival of the delivery, and much less concerned with the delivery driver (unless the delivery includes a nasty tossing of the parcel).

Ned Weasel

Quote from: kphoger on April 28, 2022, 10:42:16 AM
Bagels.

I like bagels, but you know what I don't like?  Cream cheese.  Cream cheese is overrated!  You could put almost anything else on a bagel, and I'd love it, but if it has to have cream cheese on it, then no thanks.
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

snowc

Quote from: formulanone on May 02, 2022, 11:04:27 AM
If I were a delivery driver, and the customer took a picture of me by the truck, I'd probably assume the customer was unhappy with my service and was wanting to document my visit–whether as something to send to my boss or complain about on social media or whatever.  It might prompt me to go back up to the door and ask if I could right some wrong but, other than that, I'd assume that was just par for the course.

If you deliver to a residence or business, you are more likely to be recorded than photographed.

Wave to the camera!

This image was taken via my security camera automatically.
When HC was assessing our house, they knocked on the door. I said to them hello and they waved!  :wave:

snowc

Wave to the camera!

It's more likely that someone is recording for verifying arrival of the delivery, and much less concerned with the delivery driver (unless the delivery includes a nasty tossing of the parcel).
FTFY.
I was sending a message to my mother about the delivery of the parcel.

formulanone

Quote from: snowc on May 02, 2022, 11:16:55 AM

Wave to the camera!

It's more likely that someone is recording for verifying arrival of the delivery, and much less concerned with the delivery driver (unless the delivery includes a nasty tossing of the parcel).
FTFY.
I was sending a message to my mother about the delivery of the parcel.

No, you fixed it for you.

Rothman

Quote from: abefroman329 on May 02, 2022, 10:52:08 AM
Being a smug, self-righteous prude.
In my book, smugness is the pinnacle of emotion.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Rothman on May 02, 2022, 01:33:57 PM

I disagree, from what I observe it seems lacking shame or just having a supreme level of self assurance (merited or not) might be more lofty. 

Rothman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 02, 2022, 01:57:07 PM

I disagree, from what I observe it seems lacking shame or just having a supreme level of self assurance (merited or not) might be more lofty.
Narcissism?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Rothman on May 02, 2022, 02:09:49 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 02, 2022, 01:57:07 PM

Narcissism?

Sure, that would be a good way of phrasing it.  I've been fascinated by how some people can be totally immune to criticism and truly believe in their own assured greatest. 

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

No one is calling anybody names in this thread that I'm aware of.

Rothman

Quote from: abefroman329 on May 02, 2022, 02:58:09 PM
Abe.

abefroman329

Rothman

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: abefroman329 on May 02, 2022, 03:08:36 PM
Quote from: Rothman on May 02, 2022, 03:07:02 PM
Abe.
Yes, Roth?

People on here call me Max all the time, it's maddening.

kphoger

Good, because it's overrated.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Max Rockatansky

^^^

But it's almost like my user name is a movie reference most people seemingly don't get. 

Quote from: kphoger on May 02, 2022, 03:14:45 PM

It's hard to be truly scathing off basic name calling. 

kphoger

Just in case anyone is late to the game...  His name isn't Max Rockatansky.

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 18, 2022, 01:22:40 PM
I kind of find of amusing that there has been a lot of people over the years who thought my name is Max Rockatansky. 
Male pronouns, please.

webny99

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 02, 2022, 03:10:32 PM
Abe.
Yes, Roth?

I figured out a while ago that's not your real name, but I'm not sure what else to call you considering I don't know your real name.

Obviously, my name isn't Webny either (that's not even a real name) but I'm fine with people calling me that because I haven't disclosed my name on the forum other than occasionally to sign PM's.

jlam

Quote from: webny99 on May 02, 2022, 03:46:55 PM
Abe.
Yes, Roth?

I figured out a while ago that's not your real name, but I'm not sure what else to call you considering I don't know your real name.
Simply call him "Max Rockatansky."  Nicknames are overrated.

snowc

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 02, 2022, 03:23:10 PM
^^^

But it's almost like my user name is a movie reference most people seemingly don't get. 

But do you live on Route 9 Sector 26?
Or run the Gribblenation page?  :-D

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jlam on May 02, 2022, 03:51:06 PM
Quote from: webny99 on May 02, 2022, 03:46:55 PM
Abe.
Yes, Roth?

Simply call him "Max Rockatansky."  Nicknames are overrated.

Amusingly I don't really do much to hide my actual name and I suspect a good portion of tenured users on this forum know it. 

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: snowc on May 02, 2022, 03:54:51 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 02, 2022, 03:23:10 PM
^^^

But do you live on Route 9 Sector 26?
Or run the Gribblenation page?  :-D

Sadly, I do not live on CA 9 nor at Postmile SCR 26.00.  Considering the location of Postmile SCR 26.00 I would find it highly desirable to own property there. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.