News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Fictional license plate system

Started by geek11111, January 15, 2023, 12:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geek11111

For populated states (e.g. CA, TX, NY, FL, ...)
Passenger: $$$-####, $$$$-###, $$$-###$ and their reversions (1056M)
Commercial: $$-#####, $$-####-$ and their reversions (149M)
Trailer: ###-###-$ ($=V to Z for commercial ones, i.e. 18-wheelers) (24M)
Motorcycle: $$#### and its reversion (5.76M)
Apportioned: I$-##### (The only place I was used) (2.4M)
Exempt (Gov entity's cars): X-###-### (1M)
Emergency: E-###-### (1M)

For low-populated states:
Passenger: $$$-###, $$$-$##, $$$-##$, and their inversions. (96M)
Commercial: $$-####, $$-###$, and their inversions. (29.8M)
Trailer: ##$-##$ for small, and ###-##$ for 18-wheelers. (5.76M, 2.4M)
Motorcycles: $##-$## (5.76M)
Exempt: X##-### (X could be placed all except the last place) (0.5M)
Apportioned: P##-###, P#$-###, P##-$#$ (0.92M)

$ = letter, # = number
O is excluded entirely. I excluded except on Apportioned (I stands for IRP). Q will be used. (Q could easily be differentiated from 0 if the "spur" of Q is longer)
The middle letter in 3-letter or the two middle letters in 4-letter plates excludes A/E/U/Y, to avoid meaningful words
(e.g. APP-22A is OK, but DSE-11C is invalid)
The letter separated into numbers excludes B/D/G/Q/S/Z, to elinimate confusions with 8/0/6/0/5/2
(e.g. KGB-33H is OK, but KGB-33D is invalid. 17V-QXC is OK but 17S-QXC is invalid)
The two-letter groups ($$ in $$-####, for example) cannot be "DV"/"FC"/"FK"/"ST"/[abbreviation of the state]/"US"/"XX"

"Commercials" includes all vehicles made for commercial, and vehicles made for passenger but used commercially.
A vehicle gets "Pass" or "Comm" plates doesn't entirely depend on its weight but on its main usage
(e.g. trucks with boxes or machinaries must get "Comm", pick-ups/vans (defaults to "Pass") depends on its primary usage, and a "passenger" looking car also should get "Comm" plates if it's heavily used for service providing such as cabs or delivery car of a company/shop)

Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Dlaoooooooooooooooooooooo

MultiMillionMiler

Wait, wasn't poiponen13 the one who started this thread?

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.