Francis Scott Key Bridge (I-695) complete collapse after large ship hits it

Started by rickmastfan67, March 26, 2024, 04:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

Quote from: 1995hoo on April 24, 2024, 11:21:59 AM
Quote from: Alex on April 24, 2024, 10:03:43 AMUntil there is something formal announced about a name change for a replacement bridge, let's move on from that speculation, Francis Scott Key's legacy, and also philosophical concepts involving demographics.

Half an hour later....

Quote from: RobbieL2415 on April 24, 2024, 10:34:21 AMRename it to the George Herman Ruth Bridge.

The Babe was born in Baltimore.

Not sure whether that warrants a  :-D or a  :banghead: .
More like a :pan:

But as Alex said, there's no word on when the new bridge will have a different name, so let's just assume that it'll also be called the Key Bridge. After all, President Biden did say they were going to rebuild it, so there we have it.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

WillWeaverRVA

All the GSV imagery from the bridge has been removed. The previous workaround of dragging the stick man to where the bridge used to be no longer works, and you can no longer advance onto the bridge from within GSV itself.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Max Rockatansky

Not sure what the point of removing the images is?  The bridge did in fact exist and the right of way seemingly will be reused.

kalvado

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on Today at 02:05:06 PMNot sure what the point of removing the images is?  The bridge did in fact exist and the right of way seemingly will be reused.
Not sure what the point of keeping the images would be?  The bridge no longer exist and images have no value except for historic and nostalgia - hence useless for most maps users. .

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kalvado on Today at 02:57:28 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on Today at 02:05:06 PMNot sure what the point of removing the images is?  The bridge did in fact exist and the right of way seemingly will be reused.
Not sure what the point of keeping the images would be?  The bridge no longer exist and images have no value except for historic and nostalgia - hence useless for most maps users. .

And how is that ultimately different than like images of the countless number of bridges that have been replaced since GSV started?  I was just using old GSV images the other day to look at components of a bridge which was razed in 2014.  Given I was writing an article about said crossing it certainly had value to me.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: roadman65 on Today at 03:02:23 PMhttps://maps.app.goo.gl/Ey7BkiFK7tCazopP8
It still works for me.

If you try to advance to the point where the road ends on the map, it won't let you go further.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.