News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

the secret of LA 10 year-old freeway sign

Started by Stephane Dumas, April 15, 2010, 07:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane Dumas

Duke87

Heh. That's awesome. :cool:

Shouldn't it be TO I-5 NORTH, though?

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

getemngo

If I were him, I would have just bought an I-10 shield on eBay.  But then, I'm no artist.
~ Sam from Michigan

mightyace

Quote from: getemngo on April 20, 2010, 11:18:53 PM
If I were him, I would have just bought an I-10 shield on eBay.  But then, I'm no artist.

Was eBay around 10 years ago?
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

agentsteel53

Quote from: mightyace on April 21, 2010, 12:19:25 AM

Was eBay around 10 years ago?

sure was.

wow, I've been a member for nearly 11 years - I joined July 13th, 1999.  All positive feedback  :sombrero:

I believe eBay was started in 1995.  I've been browsing it since 1998; the time I registered was the first time I found a must-have item. 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Quillz

Yeah, I've heard about this before, even saw the sign myself on many occasions. It's nice to know that CalTRANS took his "suggestion" to heart when they made a new sign.

TheStranger

Quote from: Duke87Shouldn't it be TO I-5 NORTH, though?

Going by previous - and even current - CalTrans in-the-field approaches, TO isn't always used at all near junctions, even when it would be appropriate.  (The most recent example I can think of is the signage for I-80 west along what hasn't been I-80 for the last 28 years, along US 50/Business 80 west at the I-5/Route 99 junction)
Chris Sampang

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.