News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

CA 12 - Santa Rosa

Started by Voyager, January 19, 2009, 10:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

The freeway stub has been sitting there for years without any kind of planned expansion. Are they really just going to leave the freeway to end there, or are they actually going to finish it?
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

John

As soon as I saw that title, I thought the same thing. There are/were plans to build it out to Melita Way with 4 interchanges, but community leaders have blocked it.
They came, they went, they took my image...

Voyager

Sad, I really wish that freeway would have been built.

njroadhorse

that would have been nice to have that e-w arterial in the Napa area
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

John

It wasn't going to get to Napa. Just a couple miles east of Santa Rosa. But yeah, Napa could use a expy/frwy as well.
They came, they went, they took my image...

Voyager

Definitely, extending the 29 freeway would really help, especially in north and south of the city.

DukeOfURL

Quote from: voyager on January 19, 2009, 10:07:38 PM
The freeway stub has been sitting there for years without any kind of planned expansion. Are they really just going to leave the freeway to end there, or are they actually going to finish it?

To see what we're talking about, see:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=38.449421,-122.649651&spn=0.09209,0.154495&z=13
and
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=38.435287,-122.691085&spn=0.011513,0.019312&z=16&layer=c&cbll=38.435259,-122.691184&panoid=VOyyWZ1f53eOZrij_uCwSw&cbp=12,437.00619807229504,,0,3.4763435765501756

I too would like to not have to go on Farmers Lane when going eastbound on 12, to get to the other part of 12, there is too much traffic on that road, and too many stoplights, but I doubt it's ever gonna happen because they would have to Eminent Domain too much land and tear down a bunch of houses, and the ones that would be left would be of significantly less value, possibly making the area into a bad part of town.  However maybe with some creative work, combined with upgrading Hoen Ave to Highway standards... who knows.  But they would have to make a whole new path through Spring Lake Park if the new road were to join the rest of 12 near Los Alamos Rd.

Voyager

Where are you from, Duke?

DukeOfURL

Originally I'm from Ukiah, but I lived in Santa Rosa for 3.5 years in the late 90s and early 2000s, before I moved to Chico for a 3 years, and then Sacramento for 3 years, and now I'm back in Ukiah, but really I'm all over NorCal all the time.

Voyager

Haha, I'm from Fort Bragg! Live in Rohnert Park now.

Voyager

But yeah, they really should have finished the freeway when they had the chance.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.