News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

US 24/Topeka Blvd interchange bridge replacement.

Started by route56, March 13, 2013, 05:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

route56

They thought about putting in a roundabout, that got rejected. They thought about doing away with the interchange altogether, the neighbors balked. Now, KDOT plans to take care of the infamous US 24/Topeka Blvd Cloverleaf, by replacing the bridge that takes 24 over Topeka Blvd.

There was a public presentation in North Topeka on Tuesday, the link below is the public handout.

http://www.ksdot.org/topekaMetro/pdf/US-24%20Bridge%20Replacement%20Project%20Public%20Handout%20Final.pdf

It's a pretty straightforward bridge replacement. The only thing of note is the fact that Topeka Blvd will be closed at the cloverleaf for the duration of the project, and will be detoured onto Kansas Avenue. US 24 traffic will be put on a "shoo-fly" using the outer ramps.

There was also this gem, from a hard copy of the project plans:

Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

J N Winkler

"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Revive 755

KDOT is not going to add auxiliary lanes on US 24 between the loops as long as they are already touching the bridge?

route56

KDOT is not making any geometric improvements to the junction.

R.P.K.

route56

The project is in the April letting over at the KDOT office, here is a direct link to the plans:

http://www.ksdot.org/burconsmain/contracts/Proposals/Plans/513042171p.pdf
[usability of the direct link only guaranteed until April 17, 2013]

I did note the "K-24" shield, and they did correct that in the plan set that is posted.

R.P.K.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.