News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Longest you have held your pee on a road trip?

Started by Roadgeekteen, September 13, 2017, 05:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kkt

bandit957

I'm not sure, but I went on a trip a few years ago where I had to stop to pee once every few minutes on the final day of the trip. I'd pee, and then I'd have to pee again by the time I even left the restroom. This went on all day.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

jakeroot

We've had a discussion on this before, somehow:

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=14401.0

I only remember the thread because it was the last time that OG Jake (agentsteel53) posted (and what a last post it was)

jp the roadgeek

I'm a little young to remember, but my mom told me that as a 3 year old I made it from CT to just outside Bridgeton, ME without going (about 5 hours).  I can usually make it to NYC or Boston without stopping. 
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

hbelkins

Depending on the amount of liquids I drink, I have gone more than four hours without stops in the past. However, now that I'm on a couple of diuretic medications, two hours without stopping is pretty good for me. Usually in the mornings, after having taken my medicine, I will have to stop every 45 minutes to an hour for the first three to four hours each day.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jeffandnicole

On a road trip I guess I've gone about 300 miles or so between fuelups, in which I would also use the bathroom.  Averaging 75 mph or so makes that around 4 hours.

Anymore though, I don't worry about it.  If I have to stop every hour for one of us in the car to using the bathroom, or to grab food or a drink or something, so be it. 

Max Rockatansky

When I've been dehydrated after a run or something out in the mountains or desert I know that I've done 4 hours or more fairly easily.  Usually I try to stop every two hours just to get my bearings again and get out of the car, usually that will include a bathroom trip just also.  Really the nice thing about trips where I'm out in the boons on two lane roads in the middle of nowhere is that you usually can find something like a wayside, campground, or even just the side of the road if you got to go.  Sure makes for a much faster turn around than pulling off a freeway to gas station or rest area.

jakeroot

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 14, 2017, 10:09:27 AM
Really the nice thing about trips where I'm out in the boons on two lane roads in the middle of nowhere is that you usually can find something like a wayside, campground, or even just the side of the road if you got to go.  Sure makes for a much faster turn around than pulling off a freeway to gas station or rest area.

My only issue with stopping to use the can/tree on a two lane road is that you have to re-overtake everyone you just passed. Not the case if you drive slowly and/or are overtaken a lot. But I'm usually one of the faster drivers, so I end up looking like a tool when I stop, and after two or three minutes, every one I passed goes flying past.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jakeroot on September 14, 2017, 12:02:15 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 14, 2017, 10:09:27 AM
Really the nice thing about trips where I'm out in the boons on two lane roads in the middle of nowhere is that you usually can find something like a wayside, campground, or even just the side of the road if you got to go.  Sure makes for a much faster turn around than pulling off a freeway to gas station or rest area.

My only issue with stopping to use the can/tree on a two lane road is that you have to re-overtake everyone you just passed. Not the case if you drive slowly and/or are overtaken a lot. But I'm usually one of the faster drivers, so I end up looking like a tool when I stop, and after two or three minutes, every one I passed goes flying past.

That's the crappy thing on a mountain road especially if you put a lot of effort into getting past slow poke drivers.  Usually I'll wait a minute or two or decide to pull off for a bathroom break if I'm having an issue passing someone. 

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 13, 2017, 05:43:40 PM
4-5 hours.
Wow I didn't expect to see this one on the forum! I figured it would have ended up in [urlhttps://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg254302#msg254302]Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com[/url]
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on September 14, 2017, 12:36:19 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 13, 2017, 05:43:40 PM
4-5 hours.
Wow I didn't expect to see this one on the forum! I figured it would have ended up in [urlhttps://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg254302#msg254302]Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com[/url]

Has anyone actually started a thread asking people have pooped/soiled themselves in the car?  I would speculate that answer would be no and would make a fine addition to the "threads you'll never see." 

hbelkins

Has anyone actually started a thread asking people have pooped/soiled themselves in the car?  I would speculate that answer would be no and would make a fine addition to the "threads you'll never see."

Don't put it past a certain poster.  :-D

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: hbelkins on September 14, 2017, 01:53:27 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 14, 2017, 01:26:41 PM

I guess you'd be right!  :bigass:

jakeroot

"Have you ever shit yourself while chewing gum?"

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: jakeroot on September 14, 2017, 02:04:06 PM

Did I make this into another "threads you'll never see on aaroads.com" thread? I deeply apologies from the heart I do not have and if you are a triggered snowflake, please refer to my signature... Thank you!

jakeroot

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on September 14, 2017, 02:51:40 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on September 14, 2017, 02:04:06 PM

Did I make this into another "threads you'll never see on aaroads.com" thread? I deeply apologies from the heart I do not have and if you are a triggered snowflake, please refer to my signature... Thank you!

It's a redundant thread anyway. There was already a thread on "holding it in" a while back (though back before Max, you, or RGT were members).

1995hoo

Then there was also the following thread....

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=4969.msg108450#msg108450

(My answer to this one is "I don't know because I don't keep track.")
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 14, 2017, 03:29:27 PM

While reading, this one caught my eye:
QuoteQuote from: 1995hoo on July 20, 2011, 03:41:22 PM
I'm tempted to start a thread with the subject line "What is the highest classification of road beside which you have defecated?" But that seems a little over-the-top.

and then vomited, masturbated, buried a body, built an interstate on the exact same right-of-way ... yes, that last one would surely be over the top.
:-D :banghead: :bigass:

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on September 14, 2017, 03:36:56 PM

I'm tempted to start a thread with the subject line "What is the highest classification of road beside which you have defecated?" But that seems a little over-the-top.

and then vomited, masturbated, buried a body, built an interstate on the exact same right-of-way ... yes, that last one would surely be over the top.

How is that not someone's signature?  :-D

1995hoo

Yeah, except you mangled the quote. The part about puking, wanking, etc came from agentsteel53, not me.

Quote from: agentsteel53 on July 20, 2011, 03:42:40 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on July 20, 2011, 03:41:22 PM

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 14, 2017, 04:25:43 PM

Yeah, except you mangled the quote. The part about puking, wanking, etc came from agentsteel53, not me.

Quote from: agentsteel53 on July 20, 2011, 03:42:40 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on July 20, 2011, 03:41:22 PM

I was trying my best, I realized I did and I really don't understand certain methods of the tools provided to keep posts short (in context and confusion). Sorry, sir!

CNGL-Leudimin

Well, I don't keep track of this, so I don't know.

And I'm pretty high in the classification, since I once peed besides nothing less than a freeway :sombrero:.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

roadman65

You know when I first saw this I thought NE2 was being his usual childish self, but now I see its not, but the youngster user on here.  Anyway, what gives with this topic.   Is not that is what restrooms are for?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

jakeroot

Quote from: roadman65 on September 14, 2017, 05:47:44 PM
You know when I first saw this I thought NE2 was being his usual childish self, but now I see its not, but the youngster user on here.  Anyway, what gives with this topic.   Is not that is what restrooms are for?

Doesn't NE2 typically leave a witty response to a post (rather than create one)? I've seen him create a thread, but not often.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.